[OT] Beer in aluminum bottles on the way

stevewin

How much would you pay for a bottle of beer that stays cold nearly an hour longer?

For better or worse, one thing I know for sure. When I open a bottle of beer, it has 15 minutes tops before it is all in my bloodstream. If I need my opened beer to stay cold an extra hour, I'm not a very responsible drinker, am I?

For better or worse, one thing I know for sure. When I open a bottle of beer, it has 15 minutes tops before it is all in my bloodstream. If I need my opened beer to stay cold an extra hour, I'm not a very responsible drinker, am I?

7502[/snapback]

Damnit i tried, but i couldnt come up with a better response than that.

7502[/snapback]

Yes - but now you can grab 4 at once from the fridge/cooler and when you get to the last one it will still be cold. Less trips and more efficient beer consumption.

Yes - but now you can grab 4 at once from the fridge/cooler and when you get to the last one it will still be cold.  Less trips and more efficient beer consumption.

7516[/snapback]

Damn - can't believe i didnt think of that...

Im starting to like this...

I've seen alluminum bottles before.. there is an energy drink (forgot the name) that comes in an alum bottle...

Less trips to the fridge = more football = good thing

You are all missing the bigger issue here.  Have you actually drank Iron city beer before?  Until they use this concept with a decent beer it's just wasted technology.

7533[/snapback]

Patience my friend - the implication is that Alcoa will be pushing the new bottle w/ other breweries

Iron City wants to expand sales. But the aluminum bottle may be more important to Alcoa. The aluminum giant wants to win back a share of the market it lost to beer bottles — both glass and plastic, which are now common at sporting events nationwide.

Wonder how the force of impact of an aluminum bottle thrown from the stands compares with plastic?