Wait til Jason Peters reads this

While I don't agree with your tone, I do agree with your basic logic. The Bills actually CAVED in and gave Peters exactly what he wanted. They had him under contract for 2 years; they had him by the throat. Why let an elite tackle go so cheap? He had an off year and made the Pro Bowl based on his peers! If he held out, had another "subpar" year then his value would have diminished. He would have came out motivated for nothing else but to improve his stock in both trade value or his contract year. At least we would have gotten production from him and if he played elite in his contract year, FRANCHISE his you know what! Instead the Bills whimped out and got less than stellar value. For all those who are so glad he is gone I ask you this: if the Bills had 2 1st round picks, gave up the SECOND 1st round pick, a 4th and a 6th round pick for a 2 time YOUNG Pro Bowl LEFT TACKLE would you not feel that this was a good pickup? This board would be full of excitement! Everyone would be calling the Eagles cheap and the only bad season he had was due to a holdout but STILL made the Pro Bowl based on coaches/players votes and would point out that he had an even better NON Pro Bowl season his first at RT.

He was going to sit-out 10 games if he didn't get a new deal. That lowers his trade value for the Bills.

He was going to sit-out 10 games if he didn't get a new deal. That lowers his trade value for the Bills.

That was just a fear tactic used by Peters and his agent; even they know that they can't get top dollar if Peters at some point doesn't play and play well.

That and the huge contract he wanted screwed the Bills. At least three other teams were interested in him and Philly came up with the best deal. That says a lot.

That was just a fear tactic used by Peters and his agent; even they know that they can't get top dollar if Peters at some point doesn't play and play well.

How much do you want to be handcuffed by a player? The guy wasn't seen at OBD from the end of the 2007 season to a day before the 2008 season. So any threats probably need to be taken with more than a grain of salt.

The Bills got value for a guy coming off a poor season, with major attitude and motivation issues, and they got it done before the draft so that they have options. Could they have gotten more? Possibly? Could they have gotten less? Definitely.

That and the huge contract he wanted screwed the Bills. At least three other teams were interested in him and Philly came up with the best deal. That says a lot.

Who were the 3 other teams (or more as you state)? I would be surprised if anyone can verify that other teams were interested, and not just internet rumors. I haven't heard of anyone else, or is this more crap to make the trade look bad. It is the best move the FO has made in a long time.

How much do you want to be handcuffed by a player? The guy wasn't seen at OBD from the end of the 2007 season to a day before the 2008 season. So any threats probably need to be taken with more than a grain of salt.

The Bills got value for a guy coming off a poor season, with major attitude and motivation issues, and they got it done before the draft so that they have options. Could they have gotten more? Possibly? Could they have gotten less? Definitely.

How much do you want to be handcuffed by a player IN THE FUTURE? It's not like he would break the bank as he was underpaid as we all know. After acquiring T.O, the Bills talked about acquiring talent. You don't let a talent like Peters go easy. If Walker is shifted to LT and holds out, do you cave in? NO as he doesn't have the TALENT to be an ELITE LT. Peters does, has PROVEN it and has YEARS left. Like Andy Rheid said: the Bills left him on an island a lot and he more than held his own. In an OFF year in which he held out, he occassionally got beat but not half as much as the haters want you to believe. If you combine the blocking scheme with OBVIOUS playcalling Peters is an elite tackle, especially if you watch the tapes. If you look at STATS you'd think that Walker is superior but if you watch the game you'll notice that he gets way more help and chips from RBs/TEs than Peters.

If I was Andrews and one of the best guards in the league, I'd demand a new deal right now. They just traded and gave a tackle who led the league in sacks given up a monster deal because he whined his way out of Buffalo. Andrews has a ton of leverage now.

i always liked the Eagles but I think it would be hilarious if this move blew up in their face.

Hopefully Andrews will hold out, thus forcing the Eagles to trade him. We have en extra first and 4th round pick, I could part with both of those....

How much do you want to be handcuffed by a player IN THE FUTURE? It's not like he would break the bank as he was underpaid as we all know. After acquiring T.O, the Bills talked about acquiring talent. You don't let a talent like Peters go easy. If Walker is shifted to LT and holds out, do you cave in? NO as he doesn't have the TALENT to be an ELITE LT. Peters does, has PROVEN it and has YEARS left. Like Andy Rheid said: the Bills left him on an island a lot and he more than held his own. In an OFF year in which he held out, he occassionally got beat but not half as much as the haters want you to believe. If you combine the blocking scheme with OBVIOUS playcalling Peters is an elite tackle, especially if you watch the tapes. If you look at STATS you'd think that Walker is superior but if you watch the game you'll notice that he gets way more help and chips from RBs/TEs than Peters.

Peters has had far more bad or mediocre years than good ones. What exactly has he proven, other than he is a selfish prick?

PTR

Nothing would have prevented the Bills from drafting the best OT on the board with their existing #11 pick anyway, and then they could have lived without that extra #28 pick while they let Peters rot at home, if that's what he wanted to do.

Nothing but their own best interests.

Peters has had far more bad or mediocre years than good ones. What exactly has he proven, other than he is a selfish prick?

PTR

Sorry, what?

2008. Better than average, but that's the best you can say. Missed training camp. Outright bad at the beginning of the year as he struggled to catch up. Very fine by the end. Pro Bowl. Didn't come close to deserving it at the beginning of the year. Was playing at Pro Bowl level by the end. Probably on average didn't deserve it, but came pretty close, and that's why the players voted him in based on the end of the year. Still, based on his abilities, not a good year.

2007. One of the best two or three LTs in the league. Pro Bowl on merit.

2006. Last half of the year, one of the top 10 LTs in the league, improving every game.. First half of the year, one of the top 5 or 10 RTs in the league.

2005. Caught a TD pass. Again sensational on STs. But worked his way onto the field at RT and performed well. Improved every game.

2004. One of the best ST players in the league. Fearsome.

Please let me know, except for 2008, where were the bad years? He didn't have any.

Who were the 3 other teams (or more as you state)? I would be surprised if anyone can verify that other teams were interested, and not just internet rumors. I haven't heard of anyone else, or is this more crap to make the trade look bad. It is the best move the FO has made in a long time.

"In ESPN.com's coverage of the trade, it's mentioned as a casual aside that the New York Giants showed interest in Peters as well. We had also heard word that the Detroit Lions were involved in conversations. These are the first confirmed reports of other teams being interested beside Philadelphia, and the interest from these teams may have been the driving force behind the Eagles' willingness to move quickly on the trade front. Philadelphia has also reportedly been targeting Peters since the team's January exit from the playoffs, which may have given them an edge in negotiations."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/17/...-bills-trade-of

"The New York Giants also made a play to acquire Peters." - Tim Graham

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-83/...for-Peters.html

"I was told there were as many as three other teams interested to varying degrees. But the only other team I know of was the one I reported yesterday: the Giants." -Tim Graham

This is on the "Ask Tim Graham" thread on this board. http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...4124&st=540

Sorry, what?

2008. Better than average, but that's the best you can say. Missed training camp. Outright bad at the beginning of the year as he struggled to catch up. Very fine by the end. Pro Bowl. Didn't come close to deserving it at the beginning of the year. Was playing at Pro Bowl level by the end. Probably on average didn't deserve it, but came pretty close, and that's why the players voted him in based on the end of the year. Still, based on his abilities, not a good year.

2006. Last half of the year, one of the top 10 LTs in the league, improving every game.. First half of the year, one of the top 5 or 10 RTs in the league.

2005. Caught a TD pass. Again sensational on STs. But worked his way onto the field at RT and performed well. Improved every game.

Please let me know, except for 2008, where were the bad years? He didn't have any.

Great comeback. I mean if this was 2008, BEFORE the season, Peters hadn't held out but hadn't ever made the Pro Bowl, %99 of Bills fans on this board would be crying how much the Bills get overlooked and blah, blah, blah!

Sorry, what?

I thought we were discussing Peters play at LT, not his career on special teams. I didn't know the Eagles paid $10+ Million/yr for a "fearsome" special teams player.

Look, we get it. Peters is your binky. He's gone so either join and Eagles board, sleep with his Fathead, or STFU already.

PTR