Allen Wilson's article

It's a dead on analysis. Good read. I felt all along the Bills should've paid him. Yes, his bad attitude pissed me and everyone else off, but it would've been avoided if we just gave him a contract he deserved. He is a premier LT and was our best player. And we friggin traded him. We shipped out the best player on our team. And he's a guy who is only entering his prime.

If the Bills are serious about competing and giving Trent every opportunity to succeed, they would've paid up, secured Trent's blinside and not have had to even worry about the LT position for the next six years. Now, it's our biggest worry.

Let's face it, LT is the second most important position in football. We had a great one, and we traded him in his prime.

you Peters haters are a bunch of morons. when Trent gets his fragile head ripped off, and schoebel and Poz and all those high motor guys lead us to a if we're lucky 5 win season, what excuses will you have than

so, Peters is worth 2 wins ?

We were 7-9 with him and will be 5-11 without. Doesn't sound like he is worth $60m

I was about to breeze by your post but the last paragraph was kinda misleading so I couldn't resist a reply.

Walker, Hangartner, Butler are fine players and the other 2 positions will be filled by a top draft choice and either another high draft choice or yes, a FA, but really, pal, I'm thinking that you misrepresented the situation pretty bad.

Langston Walker is a RT without the footwork to handle speed rushers. Buffalo will be seeing RDE or OLB's such as Mario Williams, Dwight Freeney, Peppers, Joey Porter, John Abraham, and whoever Belichick puts out there. He will need help with these pass rushers. And he's played all of 1 game in the NFL at the position. Unfortunately, not every OT in the NFL can play LT.

Hangartner is a guy Buffalo's pro personnel folks picked that they think has ability to start. I'm not a big fan of their judgment, as evidenced by recent UFA's from 06-07. He may well prove to be good, but he's not a slam dunk OC.

Butler was a very good value in the 5th round of 06. He's had injuries, but seems to be dependable. And he'll be the only guy who will start at the same position in 08 and 09.

The OL has undergone two complete transformations in four off-seasons. I'll be realistic here, especially considering the same crew is picking the players.