Some Realities About The Peters Trade That Some Won't Accept

Jason Peters  

39 members have voted

1. 1. The Bills are...

• Better off without Peters when all is considered
    • Worse off without Peters when all is considered
    • I really don't give a flying rabbit

JMO,

1. Philly wasn't the only suitor, most likely, for JP's services. As soon as it was rumored the Bills may part with him I'm sure some other teams inquired. I think it's obvious they didn't offer more than Philly for him. JP's contract demands probably scared teams away.

2. For what he wanted and his disgusting way of handling the contract negotiations it's might be addition by subtraction to a certain point.

3. He was declining in play over the past three years

Can anyone think of anymore?

It is what it is. We are where we are...flying rabbit...we must move on.

We may never know the inside scoop, but I think we do know that even last year the agent and player would not engage in regular communication with the team.

Did they feel they had been dissed in some way?

Did they just decide that Jason wanted out of Buffalo?

The team developed a player from scratch...paid him well once..he became at the very least top half of the league at his position..and then sold him to the highest bidder whose experienced coach says he is the best in the game.

The good:

- We got three draft picks five years after acquiring the guy as an UDFA--including a first rounder

- We get rid of a "me" attitude - his comment about the pro bowl being his goal and his non-communicative style the last two years cannot be popular among his teammates

The bad:

- We suck in the trenches once again on offense. Trent was seen at Body Armor R Us yesterday in Los Gatos. No team wins when they suck in the trenches on Offense.

The season doesn't start tomorrow--but the o-line requires continuity and time to form a cohesive unit..we didn't have it last year cause of Peters' hold out. Hopefully we will have a starting OL from the first OTA and it will develop through the summer. Coach Kugler and Coach Brown have a lot of work to do.

Attitude issues and such aside, the basic problem seemed to me to be that $60 million over 6 years is just too big of a nut for us to cover now with all the other holes on the team. I'm not doing cartwheels over the trade, but it was a little bit of a "rock vs. hard place" decision.

I would like to have been a fly on the wall to see what else other teams were willing to part with. If Andy Reid's puffery ("he's the best left tackle in football") was actually shared by anyone else, it would seem we could've received a little more in the deal.

His attitude and holdout hurt the team greatly last season. He was headed down the same road again. We don't need that around here. If a guy wants to be part of the organization and shows commitment, our FO will OBVIOUSLY work with them (Stroud, Evans, and I believe Jackson will be next). I'm gald he's gone. We'll watch him get hammered by the Philadelphia media over the next few years as he continues to get injured and give up sacks in abundance :D

JMO,

1. Philly wasn't the only suitor, most likely, for JP's services. As soon as it was rumored the Bills may part with him I'm sure some other teams inquired. I think it's obvious they didn't offer more than Philly for him. JP's contract demands probably scared teams away.

2. For what he wanted and his disgusting way of handling the contract negotiations it's might be addition by subtraction to a certain point.

Of course I can think of "more",

4. My prediction is that Peters will now focus on deserving his money, and the Eagles will benefit from it, while the Bills will spend the next few years desperately trying to replace his talent.

Enough said, I'm done with Jason Peters. I do agree with the one post out here, I really don't give a f... about Philly, I've never liked them, and now I'm moving on to what the Bills do again.

JMO,

I'm still waiting for the first.

Well, your #2 was arguable, but certainly not a "reality." Gosh.

JMO,

You forgot to mention Peters had one good year. One.

PTR