It is not Peters v. Rookie at LT. It is Peters v. Walker at LT.

No I think this would be a good option. Plus, if they get a late first for Peters they can draft Loadholt. As a RT he is NFL ready cause of his size and wing span. Him, or Britten would make fine RT's as rookies. Langston will allow a little more sacks than were used to from him on the leftside but he would be one of the best run blocking LT. Unlike what many thing Langston is very good at pass protection. He's huge at 360 but he's very nimble feet for a guy of his size, plus he's got an incredible reach which would compensate for his lack of athleticism on the left side.

The Bills would just need a rookie RT to step in to replace Walker. Would that be so terrible? IIRC, we survived with Mike Williams starting as a rookie RT back in the day.

We survived.. nuff said

Personally, I would like the team to win.

No I think this would be a good option. Plus, if they get a late first for Peters they can draft Loadholt. As a RT he is NFL ready cause of his size and wing span. Him, or Britten would make fine RT's as rookies. Langston will allow a little more sacks than were used to from him on the leftside but he would be one of the best run blocking LT. Unlike what many thing Langston is very good at pass protection. He's huge at 360 but he's very nimble feet for a guy of his size, plus he's got an incredible reach which would compensate for his lack of athleticism on the left side.

Langston Walker was our best lineman last year, left or right side.

Jonas Jennings started at RT his first iirc. I know the Bills were 3-13 that season, but it wasn't because of his play. He is a fine football player, even as a rookie, so his play had very little to do with the 3-13.

The Bills would just need a rookie RT to step in to replace Walker. Would that be so terrible? IIRC, we survived with Mike Williams starting as a rookie RT back in the day.

Except that Walker played one game at LT last season, and started 4 at LT in 5 years with Oakland, and gave up an average of 1 sack per game in those 5 starts.

Add to this scenario the idea of starting either Chambers or a rookie at RT, and you've got the makings of a debacle.

Yes but that line was so bad in Oakland mostly cause of there scheme they had 3 different line coaches and shell was using his scheme he used backed when he originally coached. Walker looked solid at LT in pre-season sure he may allow a few sacks but gaurentee it's not the 11.5 Peters allowed. I want to resign Peters but this is an option that could work out well.

I think the Walker option is being overplayed. His footwork and athletic ability is no where's near the better left tackles in the league. This is reminiscent of all the praise heaped on Corey Loucey and Jerry Crafts when they took over for Will Wolford and House Ballard respectively. Pay Peters and let Walker remain where he is.

this is an option that could work out well

Yes but that line was so bad in Oakland mostly cause of there scheme they had 3 different line coaches and shell was using his scheme he used backed when he originally coached. Walker looked solid at LT in pre-season sure he may allow a few sacks but gaurentee it's not the 11.5 Peters allowed. I want to resign Peters but this is an option that could work out well.

Except that Walker played one game at LT last season, and started 4 at LT in 5 years with Oakland, and gave up an average of 1 sack per game in those 5 starts.

Add to this scenario the idea of starting either Chambers or a rookie at RT, and you've got the makings of a debacle.

There is no chance in hell he averaged one sack per game over four years. He wouldn't even be in the league if that were true.

Which teams were we playing when Walker played LT again? Let's see, it was the first few games of last year ..........

Oh, yeah, them.

Do you remember the stiffs we were playing? Get real. Walker is good as a mauler. Doesn't have the feet to play against the good speed rushers. We also helped Walker out with a TE to his outside and keeping an RB in. We don't need to do that with Peters (if he goes to camp).

If it's Peters vs. Walker, then Peters wins by a Nixon-McGovern style landslide.