Should we trade Parrish?

Lets look at the pros and cons of making a move like this, which in my mind is 50/50

Why to keep:

Roscoe is possibly best PR in the league

Maybe best player at his position on team

Speed threat as WR

Nose is clean unlike bills stars lately / has been good teamate (got a nice contract a few years ago w/o a holdout, eh hem!)

downgrades our best asset, special teams

Why to trade:

We have other good potential PR's

WR who is no help in red zone

Getting rid of his contract gives us money to sign Peters, which is IMPORTANT

Getting a late pick for him gives us depth at a diff position, which we could use more depth not at WR

Bobby April is so good who we stick back there might succeed anyway

Comments?

Lets look at the pros and cons of making a move like this, which in my mind is 50/50

Why to keep:

Speed threat as WR

Nose is clean unlike bills stars lately / has been good teamate (got a nice contract a few years ago w/o a holdout, eh hem!)

Why to trade:

Getting a late pick for him gives us depth at a diff position, which we could use more depth not at WR

Comments?

Add to, why to trade that the Bills think they have a good candidate to return punts in C.J. Hawthorne

Comments?

Are you forgetting his DWI? Trade him, we have better than average guys to replace him and we can use the picks to fill other holes. I say 4th or earlier.

The official scorer seems to have a huge discrepancy! On the same stat page it says 1 return for 2 yards and on the all=purpose segment it says 2 returns for 2 yards.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2006/player/277/1001243/index.html

Indeed, it does. Well, we better get to the bottom of this before we decide to use him as the Punt Return man, full time.

Indeed, it does. Well, we better get to the bottom of this before we decide to use him as the Punt Return man, full time.

Yeah, we better get the official stats. Because I'm sure if the Bills were looking at his college stats and saw that it was one for two yards, sure, they could probably get away with trading the NFLs all-time leader. BUT, if they find out he was only half as good as they thought he was, and in reality only averaged one yard instead of two for his career, they may have to take back that trade talk altogether.

Yeah, we better get the official stats. Because I'm sure if the Bills were looking at his college stats and saw that it was one for two yards, sure, they could probably get away with trading the NFLs all-time leader. BUT, if they find out he was only half as good as they thought he was, and in reality only averaged one yard instead of two for his career, they may have to take back that trade talk altogether.

This is what I'm saying.

The official scorer seems to have a huge discrepancy! On the same stat page it says 1 return for 2 yards and on the all=purpose segment it says 2 returns for 2 yards. :wacko:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2006/player/277/1001243/index.html

Just to clear that up, during his return he fumbled the ball, kicked it a yard , scooped it up and fell down.

Here is the play:

Just to clear that up, during his return he fumbled the ball, kicked it a yard , scooped it up and fell down.

Here is the play:

Outstanding!

And, for the record, that is NOT me,

OK Dean and Kelly you scoffers and mockers- here is the bet- If CJ Hawthorne doesn't get to return punts in Preseason or regular season I,ll write a post that says Dean and Kelly geniuses Billybob is a Dumba$$ - If CJ Hawthorne returns punts just in preseason we'll call it even - If CJ Hawthorne returns a punt in the regular season you start a post that Billybob is a genius and the Dean and Kelly are Dumba$$es.

OK Dean and Kelly you scoffers and mockers- here is the bet- If CJ Hawthorne doesn't get to return punts in Preseason or regular season I,ll write a post that says Dean and Kelly geniuses Billybob is a Dumba$$ - If CJ Hawthorne returns punts just in preseason we'll call it even - If CJ Hawthorne returns a punt in the regular season you start a post that Billybob is a genius and the Dean and Kelly are Dumba$$es.

I think we should set some yardage minimums for that bet. Based on his college history, I'd say the negotiations should start at "2 yards".

I think we should set some yardage minimums for that bet. Based on his college history, I'd say the negotiations should start at "2 yards".

Why ? I didn't say I him liked as a punt returner I said "Bills think they have a good candidate to return punts in C.J. Hawthorne"

Teams always put scrubs back to return kicks that have little to no chance of making the team during pre-season. If CJ Hawthorne returns punts for the Bills in the regular season, I will proclaim you a one-hit wonder who will likely never guess that lucky again. :wacko:

Actually, I assume the Bills think CJ Hawthorne has a degree of talent or they really wouldn't have him on the roster. I think he only played one season at WR in college, he was a CB. I don't think he has any realistic chance to make the team. Perhaps the practice squad though.

Why to keep:

Speed threat as WR

Why to trade:

Comments?

If they are offered a third or better then I say do it up!!

Outstanding!

And, for the record, that is NOT me,

before growing the beard?

Is a thread for that really necessary? :wacko:

:wacko:

Teams always put scrubs back to return kicks that have little to no chance of making the team during pre-season. If CJ Hawthorne returns punts for the Bills in the regular season, I will proclaim you a one-hit wonder who will likely never guess that lucky again. :wacko:

Actually, I assume the Bills think CJ Hawthorne has a degree of talent or they really wouldn't have him on the roster. I think he only played one season at WR in college, he was a CB. I don't think he has any realistic chance to make the team. Perhaps the practice squad though.

They said the same thing about Peters.