Does Lynch's 3 game suspension force the Bills to draft offensive

SKOOBY

None. Zero. You can't ever plan on a draft pick contributing in their first year, let alone their first few games.

I personally think that Lynch is going to be sitting all 3 games but no less than 2 games even on appeal.

Knowing how important our first game is against a divisional opponent and after a complete failure last season to defeat one divisional rival, is our draft forced to lean towards the offensive side of the ball in it's choices??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that Lynch is going to be sitting all 3 games but no less than 2 games even on appeal.

Knowing how important our first game is against a divisional opponent and after a complete failure last season to defeat one divisional rival, is our draft forced to lean towards the offensive side of the ball in it's choices??

Draft offensive for what...a running back on day one? Why? Lynch should sit his three games, shut up about it, and come out running like an animal the rest of the season. Jackson will start and Omon will back him up, and the Bills should start 1-2-0 or maybe even 2-1-0 without Lynch, regardless of the schedule after New England.

The only "offensive" players the Bills should draft are on OL and TE.

I am of the opinion that buffalo should take a offensive skill player with there first pick in the draft anyway, Jeremey Maclin is my Pick in the first round for Buffalo if he is still available. Or trade down and grab a Pettigrew, Heyward-Bey, Nicks someone who can score points and scare people. I completely understand the need for a pass rush, and the left side of the Offensive line for that matter. To beat Super Tom (and Bill Bitchacheck) you have to get pressure in his face not the edges. The only Defensive players I would want buffalo to take with there first pick would be B.J. Raji, or Ray Maulauga(not sure i spelled his name right). I would rather have an offensive tackle than a defensive end at 11 if there were no skill players worth taking at that time. You will need to score about 30 to 40 points to beat the Pats.

Let me get this straight.....because we are without one of best offensive players for the first 2-3 games of the season we should draft offensively to compensate? That's ridiculous. Not only would it be extraordinary for any rookie to be able to step in from week one and make a significant difference.....but the whole concept of focusing valuable draft resources at an extreme short term situation is unheard of.

You catch any of ATL's games last season?? Matt Ryan was awesome right from the start.

So in your mind, any offensive player we pick in the draft will be because Lynch was suspended. That is definitely SKOOBY logic.

If your on the clock and have 2 players available that you consider equally important to your team, current players missing from the line-up will make you draft differently. It can easily push a team one direction forced by injury / suspension.

If your on the clock and have 2 players available that you consider equally important to your team, current players missing from the line-up will make you draft differently. It can easily push a team one direction forced by injury / suspension.

It's 3 games (maybe 2) not like he is out for the season. If he was, it might be a different story.

Juaron was quoted as saying something like: It is rare to be able to find a TE who can handle the blocking on the line as well as open up the seam in the middle. He made it sound like such a TE comes along only every four or five years. That suggests they might be looking much more at Pettigrew than we might believe.

You catch any of ATL's games last season?? Matt Ryan was awesome right from the start.

I watched all of Mike Williams' games when he was a rookie. He was friggin AWESOME!

So you think a rookie running back will save the day? Do win win every game Marshawn plays in?

I never said we are drafting a RB. Obviously we haven't won every game ML has played in but the Bills need real weapons out there to keep opponents guessing. When is the last time that you felt that we could score on any drive against anyone?? 1993?

Time to move this offense to the next level and upon ML's return, it will just get that much better.

I never said we are drafting a RB. Obviously we haven't won every game ML has played in but the Bills need real weapons out there to keep opponents guessing. When is the last time that you felt that we could score on any drive against anyone?? 1993?

Time to move this offense to the next level and upon ML's return, it will just get that much better.

And so you are expecting a rookie in the first game of the year to provide that spark? Isn't it a little early in the morning to be drinking? :thumbdown:

Well if that's the case, then you must think the Bills need to draft offense, regardless if Marshawn is in the line-up or not?

It's been a while since I felt that we could stop other teams on every drive as well. If we don't start getting to the other team's QB, what we do on offense won't matter much.

Well if that's the case, then you must think the Bills need to draft offense, regardless if Marshawn is in the line-up or not?

It's been a while since I felt that we could stop other teams on every drive as well. If we don't start getting to the other team's QB, what we do on offense won't matter much.

When I was coaching my little league team I stressed defense. You can score every appearance on offense, but if you don't stop them you don't win.

In other words, our offense needs help, but not near as much as defense. We have seen mediocre offenses win big games, even super bowls. When have we seen the mediocre defense win? The closest thing I recall is Indy, but they were playing very good defense throughout the playoffs.

You can tell this is a Skooby thread. It was a thought that popped into his mind so he just had to share it with everyone. Hold nothing back.

We have needed offense for a long time, just that much more so knowing that ML is out to start the year. True, it's a blend of both defensive pressure / offense scoring that helps.

And so you are expecting a rookie in the first game of the year to provide that spark? Isn't it a little early in the morning to be drinking? :thumbdown:

If we get Crabtree, yes. If i'm awake, i'm drinking.

The Bills need to find a way to get through to Peters and keep him. Then trade for a veteran Tight End. This allows the Bills to take Freeman at #11. Edwards still starts and gets a chance to take the next step but Freeman is waiting in the wings. Then take a pass rusher in the 2nd round like Michael Johnson or if need be package it with their 3rd to move up if pass rushers are flying off the board.

I know there are needs like OLB and OG/C, but without improved pass rush and QB play, this franchise will continue spinning its wheels.

The Bills need to find a way to get through to Peters and keep him. Then trade for a veteran Tight End. This allows the Bills to take Freeman at #11. Edwards still starts and gets a chance to take the next step but Freeman is waiting in the wings.

hhmmmm...... sounds familiar.