Scheffler wants out

Fingon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, I just dont see this trade happening. I feel like the Bills could have pulled the trigger on this a month ago but instead are probably going to wait until after the draft before they do anything.

I personally hate the waiting game. No TE the Bills could draft in the 3rd is as good as Scheffler is now.

I think they didn't want to part with any draft picks, but with the Peter's situation deteriorating we could potentially net a 1st and 3rd for him, making this trade even more possible.

Trade Peters to the Eales/Lions for their first rounders (Lions 20, Eagles 21) and thirds. Use one of the thirds to trade for Scheffler. Use the Bills two first rounders on a DE and LT (in either order), the second round pick on a LG (Robinson, the best in class may still be on the board) and sign Keiaho or June at OLB and then go best available with the other 3rd through 7th. From last year's team we'd regress on LT (albeit not as much as people think since JP played only in 11 or 12 games and took 3-4 of those to get back in shape) and possibly at LG, but would probably be much stronger at C (how can anyone not be an upgrade over Preston and Fowler?), LB (between Keiaho/June and Poz being in his 2nd full year), TE, WR and DL (between Schobel coming back and a first rounder DE). Trent has one more year under his belt, we have the same RB's (albeit missing Lynch probably two games) and our secondary is probably a push in losing Greer but getting Florence and Leodis having another year under his belt. Our special teams should be better (the light went on for Leodis somewhere around mid-season) due to increased depth as well. If we can play relatively injury-free and hit on most of our early round picks this team may not be half bad and may be set up pretty nicely for the next few years--TO and Schobel being the only real oldsters on the squad.....

Trade Peters to the Eales/Lions for their first rounders (Lions 20, Eagles 21) and thirds. Use one of the thirds to trade for Scheffler. Use the Bills two first rounders on a DE and LT (in either order), the second round pick on a LG (Robinson, the best in class may still be on the board) and sign Keiaho or June at OLB and then go best available with the other 3rd through 7th. From last year's team we'd regress on LT (albeit not as much as people think since JP played only in 11 or 12 games and took 3-4 of those to get back in shape) and possibly at LG, but would probably be much stronger at C (how can anyone not be an upgrade over Preston and Fowler?), LB (between Keiaho/June and Poz being in his 2nd full year), TE, WR and DL (between Schobel coming back and a first rounder DE). Trent has one more year under his belt, we have the same RB's (albeit missing Lynch probably two games) and our secondary is probably a push in losing Greer but getting Florence and Leodis having another year under his belt. Our special teams should be better (the light went on for Leodis somewhere around mid-season) due to increased depth as well. If we can play relatively injury-free and hit on most of our early round picks this team may not be half bad and may be set up pretty nicely for the next few years--TO and Schobel being the only real oldsters on the squad.....

Gee, nice post, MattM. Have you contacted Brandon on this yet? I'm certain he'll appreciate the advice. :thumbsup:

Is any team really interested in Jason Peters and his contract demands?

I doubt it.

I think there will be atleast two teams. Detroit and Philly. Graham is reporting in the other thread that he thinks a first and a third could be traded for Peters. If this is the case then Bills have all the flexibilty to make the Scheffler trade a reality. But will take a 3rd and a 5th.Which would work out great.

Get a starter ready TE with a third. Fith rounders are a crap shoot and usually take two years to develope into a true starter if ever. There are a few exceptions to that.

I think there will be atleast two teams. Detroit and Philly. Graham is reporting in the other thread that he thinks a first and a third could be traded for Peters. If this is the case then Bills have all the flexibilty to make the Scheffler trade a reality. But will take a 3rd and a 5th.Which would work out great.

Get a starter ready TE with a third. Fith rounders are a crap shoot and usually take two years to develope into a true starter if ever. There are a few exceptions to that.

If we can use a higher 3rd rounder (because of a Peters trade getting us another 3rd) to get Scheffler, I am all for it. Our current early 3rd rounder is like a late 2nd normally because of the depth of this draft.

Gee, nice post, MattM. Have you contacted Brandon on this yet? I'm certain he'll appreciate the advice. :thumbsup:

WTF what is this about..since when are people not allowed to give their opinion about what this team should do..chill out :blink:

You basically hit the nail on the head. Anyone who thinks that trading for Scheffler is worse than drafting a potential bust TE needs their head screwed back on, especially when there's depth in other positions needed that could be better filled by those high picks.