What would you have given to Crowell?

ans4e64

Crowell is apparantly damaged goods. I live in Tampa, and he wasn't able to participate in mini-camp this week, due to his knee. They say he "may be" ready for the May mini-camp. They also say he may not make the team, and that little or none of his $ was guaranteed. I guess the Bills FO got this one right.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Crowell, IIRC, said near the end of last year that he really couldn't have come back and played. And since he didnt have a lot of sniffs in FA it just seemed reasonable that he'd have to take a small one-year deal and see if he could have a good season, and then get a good payday next year if he was fully recovered.

My idea of what happened is this: Crowell's agent called the Bills and said, "Look, you losers hate my guy, and my gutless guy ain't real happy with you. You guys are looking to steal linebackers for nothing, and we're trying to swindle teams into paying my guy more than he deserves coming off an injury and screwing his team and teammates. So why don't we do what we always do and lie to the media, make like we made nice and love each other, and that will force the crappy teams that want my gimp to pony up 500K or so more for the schitty one year deal they're offering by thinking you may sign him, and you guys can get the over-hyped, lowly crappy ex-Colts that no one wants to come down 500K off their high-Shetland Pony and sign the crappy one-year deal you offered them to give you insurance against the trainwreck you have starting now."

It was a win-win for both.

:thumbdown:

My idea of what happened is this: Crowell's agent called the Bills and said, "Look, you losers hate my guy, and my gutless guy ain't real happy with you. You guys are looking to steal linebackers for nothing, and we're trying to swindle teams into paying my guy more than he deserves coming off an injury and screwing his team and teammates. So why don't we do what we always do and lie to the media, make like we made nice and love each other, and that will force the crappy teams that want my gimp to pony up 500K or so more for the schitty one year deal they're offering by thinking you may sign him, and you guys can get the over-hyped, lowly crappy ex-Colts that no one wants to come down 500K off their high-Shetland Pony and sign the crappy one-year deal you offered them to give you insurance against the trainwreck you have starting now."

Damn, you're good.

A healthy Crowell was the best linebacker we've had on this team in 5 years.

Better than the guy who made two Pro Bowls here? TKO didn't rip the Achilles until 2005.

Actually makes the most sense of all the hypothetical explanations, so far,