Josh Freeman love...

Thoner7

I have seen this in too many threads. It seems that everyone on this boar has a man crush on Freeman, and I for the life of me want to know why? The dude sucks, A LOT. He is terrible, just completely abysmal. Have you seen any K State games? You know who else had a big time arm and good mobility... JP Losman. You know who Freeman reminds me of...a poor mans Losman. This guy is benefiting from the same thought that made Jamarcus Russell the #1 overall pick when he had no business being anywhere near that spot as an actual football player. I don’t care if he is 8 foot tall, 500 pounds, and could through a football ¾’s of a mile, he has no accuracy and cannot make reads. I hope the Jets draft Freeman because that means they will suck for the next 5 years suffering with him under center. People say they are scared of Sancez being a “one year wonder”, well at least he had one good year as apposed to Freeman’s NO good years. Look at his stats – not that stats mean anything – but they are not good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192029

For fun, here are Losman’s senior year stats. JP had more TDs and more INTs, but the TD/INT ratio is very close, the rest are nearly identical in every category as well.

PASSING GP-GS Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Losman, J.P. 12-12 139.90 422-251-14 59.5 3077 33 87 256.4

In defense of my of opinion that stats mean nothing, Matt Ryan had similar stats to these two, but at a higher rate- ie more attempts, completeiong yards etc, but in similar ratios.

Here is that link. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=146254

In 2007 Freeman benefited from Jordy Nelson, one of the better college WR of recent time. 2008, remove the beat-up games of Montana State (1-AA or FCS now-a-days), North Texas, and Louisiana-Lafayette, and his numbers are putrid. Don’t forget all the great defenses he played, Texas Tech, Colorado, and Iowa State (sarcasm).

Point: take all the useless numbers out of it, and watch him play. What you are left with is a terrible, terrible QB.

I have no opinion on Freeman really, but I just love these arguments people make on this board that boil down to "the only facts that matter are the ones that say I'm right!"

So, yes, stats don't matter...except those stats that say he's bad...because - obviously - if they said he was good, they'd be baseless and stupid.

I have seen this in too many threads. It seems that everyone on this boar has a man crush on Freeman, and I for the life of me want to know why? The dude sucks, A LOT. He is terrible, just completely abysmal. Have you seen any K State games? You know who else had a big time arm and good mobility... JP Losman. You know who Freeman reminds me of...a poor mans Losman. This guy is benefiting from the same thought that made Jamarcus Russell the #1 overall pick when he had no business being anywhere near that spot as an actual football player. I don’t care if he is 8 foot tall, 500 pounds, and could through a football ¾’s of a mile, he has no accuracy and cannot make reads. I hope the Jets draft Freeman because that means they will suck for the next 5 years suffering with him under center. People say they are scared of Sancez being a “one year wonder”, well at least he had one good year as apposed to Freeman’s NO good years. Look at his stats – not that stats mean anything – but they are not good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192029

For fun, here are Losman’s senior year stats. JP had more TDs and more INTs, but the TD/INT ratio is very close, the rest are nearly identical in every category as well.

PASSING GP-GS Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Losman, J.P. 12-12 139.90 422-251-14 59.5 3077 33 87 256.4

In defense of my of opinion that stats mean nothing, Matt Ryan had similar stats to these two, but at a higher rate- ie more attempts, completeiong yards etc, but in similar ratios.

Here is that link. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=146254

In 2007 Freeman benefited from Jordy Nelson, one of the better college WR of recent time. 2008, remove the beat-up games of Montana State (1-AA or FCS now-a-days), North Texas, and Louisiana-Lafayette, and his numbers are putrid. Don’t forget all the great defenses he played, Texas Tech, Colorado, and Iowa State (sarcasm).

Point: take all the useless numbers out of it, and watch him play. What you are left with is a terrible, terrible QB.

I don't watch Kansas State, but I just have to compliment you on this most outstanding point. As always, stats are for losers. :thumbsup:

I live in Kansas and seen alot of K-State games. I have to say, he is really overrated. All the games I seen, He made bad decision after bad decision. I know he didn't have much talent at reciever this year after Nelson left, but to me he is just not a first round pick. But who I am? a nobody.

Can't say I watched any K-State games, but he's a physically gifted athlete who plays the most important position in football. If he isn't any good, why is he being projected to go in the top half of the draft?

Joe Flacco was a small-school prospect with size and an arm. He went in the first round, had a great year and looks to be the franchise signal caller Baltimore' been looking for.

I live in Kansas and seen alot of K-State games. I have to say, he is really overrated. All the games I seen, He made bad decision after bad decision. I know he didn't have much talent at reciever this year after Nelson left, but to me he is just not a first round pick. But who I am? a nobody.

I have watched alot of K State games also & I have to agree with this assessment. I am really not in love with any of the first round qbs. Sanchez I think would of been better served staying in school one more year & Stafford seemed at least to me to always come up small in big games. I suppose if I had to take one it would be Stafford. He does have all the tools.