A question and a thought

First off about the popular vote, I remember Dems here in NJ SCREAMING in 2000 about "why isnt just popular votes?!!?" Why the electoral college???? I find it funny that today all of them willl be hanging all their hopes on something they so desperately wanted to get rid of!! <_<:lol::w00t:

Second, most of the media gives off the feeling that almost all of the 175,000 provisional ballots are all for Kerry....do some of you feel that way too??? CNN makes it seem any vote recounts or provisional ballots are ALL for them? Any thoughts on both issues??

First off about the popular vote, I remember Dems here in NJ SCREAMING in 2000 about "why isnt just popular votes?!!?"  Why the electoral college????  I find it funny that today all of them willl be hanging all their hopes on something they so desperately wanted to get rid of!!   <_<  :lol:  :w00t:

Second, most of the media gives off the feeling that almost all of the 175,000 provisional ballots are all for Kerry....do some of you feel that way too???  CNN makes it seem any vote recounts or provisional ballots are ALL for them?  Any thoughts on both issues??

98636[/snapback]

They just played a clip of the Ohio Secretary of State on Foxnews...he strongly implied that the number of provisional ballots is smaller than Bush's actual lead. In any case, if the Kerry camp is right in the number still outstanding (which is looking unlikely), Kerry would need about 80-90% of them to break his way, and I can't see that happening. If it does, I'd be pretty suspicious of it. That said, I have no problem with Kerry wanting to count them. I'd just be shocked if there are anywhere close to enough to turn the tide.

In any case, the Democrats certainly do come out of this looking like gigantic hypocrites if they sue. They've been screaming about the popular vote for four years. Well, the one thing we are sure of is that Bush clearly won the popular vote last night by a much larger margin than Gore did in 2000.

In any case,  the Democrats certainly do come out of this looking like gigantic hypocrites if they sue.  They've been screaming about the popular vote for four years.  Well,  the one thing we are sure of is that Bush clearly won the popular vote last night by a much larger margin than Gore did in 2000.

98642[/snapback]

That's never stopped the DNC before.

If the number of provisionals is smaller than the Bush lead, its over. End of story. Good night.

Expect the DNC to send an army of lawyers to Columbus anyways. And it will be sad times in this country if they do.

Bottom line, over 50% of the votes went to Bush. The Republicans INCREASED their majority in the Senate. And the one social issue of note went hugely conservative. The people have spoken. And the claim by the left that THEY represent the TRUE America now lay in tatters.