It's over, and now what?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

There you are... another 4 years of Bush presidency with a Republican Congress.

Watch the defecit blow right up, along with a lot of the world.

I don't have this election result on MY conscience... I can sleep better at night knowing that, and I know we're no safer now than we were before the war.

Good luck Republicans and conservatives... have fun on your downward spiral!

I don't have this election result on MY conscience... I can sleep better at night knowing that, and I know we're no safer now than we were before the war.

98625[/snapback]

Planning on moving to another country? If so, we won't miss you.

Asswipe.

There's some wishful thinking.

98626[/snapback]

Considering the deficit is now at a trillion dollars, air quality and environmental protection are mere nuisances, the federal government has grown by a third, and we're engaged in a "war" that has claimed over 11000 American soldiers, it's not wishful thinking.

98625[/snapback]

You know for someone who served, you sure have a problem with the will of the people. Last time I checked it wasn't your country. It was the peoples country and the people have spoken pretty decisively.

You would be better served to learn to get along and make it a better place, than to B word like you have for the previous 4 years.

Planning on moving to another country?  If so, we won't miss you.

Asswipe.

98658[/snapback]

Yeah, God forbid someone express displeasure with the federal government.

We need to bring back the Alien & Non-Sedition Acts. That would take care of those un-American dissenters voicing their opinions real good.

Considering the deficit is now at a trillion dollars, air quality and environmental protection are mere nuisances, the federal government has grown by a third, and we're engaged in a "war" that has claimed over 11000 American soldiers, it's not wishful thinking.

98661[/snapback]

EARTH TO CAMPY:

The Democrats were ROUTED last night.

Absolutely crushed. They will, by the end of this mess, have not only lost the presidency but 5+ Senate seats and MANY MANY seats in the House.

Yeah, God forbid someone express displeasure with the federal government.

We need to bring back the Alien & Non-Sedition Acts.  That would take care of those un-American dissenters voicing their opinions real good.

98667[/snapback]

Way to miss the point by a mile Campy. He's not expressing displeasure with the federal government. He's expressing displeasure with the CITIZENS who exercised their right to vote for a different candidate than he did. His "this isn't my problem because I voted for the other guy" attitude is exactly what is wrong with this country. Whether you like whoever is in the White House or not, we are all in this together. Having a democracy means that sometimes the other guy wins and that is ok. Making KzooMike comments like "have fun on your downward spiral" belies his immature and selfish attitude.

98661[/snapback]

I think that 1,100 Chris, not 11,000. And are you suggesting that we should not have a Department of Homeland Security?

I feel a lot more comfortable about the Supreme Court now. I had some real concerns that to back up the "Social Issues" platform (?), one or two WAY left of center were going to be nominated. I think we have a better chance of getting someone who will interpret the law, and the Constitution. I for one, would like to see this nation drift back to the side of the river that doesn't turn their nose at prayer, a pledge of allegiance; stomp on the core beliefs of the majority of its people in favor of a vocal few, etc..

98661[/snapback]

Gee, maybe by 2008 the Democratic candidate will actually have some ideas for how to help our problems, rather than just shouting "I HAVE A PLAN" and "UNDER THIS ADMINISTRATION..........."

I for one, would like to see this nation drift back to the side of the river that doesn't turn their nose at prayer, a pledge of allegiance; stomp on the core beliefs of the majority of its people in favor of a vocal few, etc..

98686[/snapback]

Well said. Count me in.

Way to miss the point by a mile Campy.  He's not expressing displeasure with the federal government.  He's expressing displeasure with the CITIZENS who exercised their right to vote for a different candidate than he did.  His "this isn't my problem because I voted for the other guy" attitude is exactly what is wrong with this country.  Whether you like whoever is in the White House or not, we are all in this together.  Having a democracy means that sometimes the other guy wins and that is ok.  Making KzooMike comments like "have fun on your downward spiral" belies his immature and selfish attitude.

98677[/snapback]

I know a lot of democrats, and I'm certain there are thousands I don't know, who will go to work this morning and toil hard to make America a better place. You have all seen my posts, what I do, and what I think. I work with a couple. We have some animated conversations, believe me-but they are also excellent, really good at what they do, and they aren't going to stop doing because Kerry lost.

IMO, just my view, it's the people who don't feel that they have a stake past what THEY want that are the problem, on both sides.

I think that 1,100 Chris, not 11,000. And are you suggesting that we should not have a Department of Homeland Security?

I feel a lot more comfortable about the Supreme Court now. I had some real concerns that to back up the "Social Issues" platform (?), one or two WAY left of center were going to be nominated. I think we have a better chance of getting someone who will interpret the law, and the Constitution. I for one, would like to see this nation drift back to the side of the river that doesn't turn their nose at prayer, a pledge of allegiance; stomp on the core beliefs of the majority of its people in favor of a vocal few, etc..

98686[/snapback]

Oops, a typo I didn't catch, 1100 dead.

The Supreme Court was constructed originally to rule on the Constitutionality of legislation, and through neccesity, that role grew to include hearing cases that had the potential of having national impact. That's what they do, but the "activist judges" arguement stems directly from the intentional vagueness of the Constitution, and whether we should interpretate its intentions or the letter of the law, a debate that's been going on for some 225 years or so. I find it interesting that there are those who point to the Second Ammendment and say, "See, "right to bear arms, it's right there! (overlooking the whole standing militia part)," yet try to use an interpretative definition for things like seperation of church and state.

I'm not sure where "turning their nose at prayer" fits in. Truthfully, I couldn't care less what a governmental body would say about it. I frequently pray silently, the government's rulings on prayer has no bearing on me, nor would they on others of faith. But it does make for a galvanizing rallying cry for those who cheapen themselves enough to use it as such.

When exactly did our nation "turn their back at the pledge of allegiance?" If you mean the "under God" part, so what, take it out. It wasn't in there originally. And again, what difference does it make? Is it going to stop a kid from praying if he truly feels a need to do so? If it makes people who don't have faith/believe in God feel like it's being forced upon them, remove it. Its removal won't effect me, nor will it effect my faith. But again, it sure seems to be an effective rallying cry.

Regarding the Homeland Security Dept., it's redundant. I would have preferred that they re-tooled the existing organizations (NSA, CIA, FBI et al), not add another layer of bureaucracy on top of already existing bureaucracies. And the staggering deficit is hardly the sole result of the creation of that department. Lowering revenues while increasing spending to astronomical limits has something to do with it, doesn't it?

But hey, who cares? Why worry about pithy little nuisances like the deficit and the environment. None of it will matter because Armegedon will soon be upon us. God told George Bush it was so. <_<

You know for someone who served, you sure have a problem with the will of the people.  Last time I checked it wasn't your country.  It was the peoples country and the people have spoken pretty decisively. 

You would be better served to learn to get along and make it a better place, than to B word like you have for the previous 4 years.

98666[/snapback]

Can't say it much better than that.

Way to miss the point by a mile Campy.  He's not expressing displeasure with the federal government.  He's expressing displeasure with the CITIZENS who exercised their right to vote for a different candidate than he did.  His "this isn't my problem because I voted for the other guy" attitude is exactly what is wrong with this country.  Whether you like whoever is in the White House or not, we are all in this together.  Having a democracy means that sometimes the other guy wins and that is ok.  Making KzooMike comments like "have fun on your downward spiral" belies his immature and selfish attitude.

98677[/snapback]

I think you missed my point by a mile. Chastising others for their opinions when they (or even their priorities) are different than yours, is just plain wrong.

FWIW: We don't live in a democracy. It's a representative constitutional republic. In the former, popluar vote determines the winner. In the latter, we elect officials who vote on our behalf.

I think you missed my point by a mile.  Chastising others for their opinions when they (or even their priorities) are different than yours, is just plain wrong. 

FWIW:  We don't live in a democracy.  It's a representative constitutional republic.  In the former, popluar vote determines the winner.  In the latter, we elect officials who vote on our behalf.

98793[/snapback]

Okay...we can do this based on the popular vote if you want....

Okay...we can do this based on the popular vote if you want....

98800[/snapback]

I never said presidential elections should be determined by popular vote, did I? I merely educated him on the type of government he participates in.

I believe in the wisdom of our nation's founding fathers. Read more here.

Oh sure now you say that.  What about 4 years ago?  Jerk.

98804[/snapback]

<_<

I love your sense of humor! I thought about posting something like that too, but figured that given the nature of the thread, some chucklehead would come and not pick up on the sarcasm.

I never said presidential elections should be determined by popular vote, did I?  I merely educated him on the type of government he participates in. 

I believe in the wisdom of our nation's founding fathers.  Read more here.

98811[/snapback]

Since it's been brought up, I was looking at the red-blue map. I understand that things are based on population density, but look how regional. Populations clustered together tend to have a similar political outlook, as they are much more in the same boat. Either Dem or Rep, I just don't feel comfortable with the regional thing.

I don't think things reflect what the country as a whole really feels. Whenever a democrat gets elected, it's because of the population densities of NY and CA. should NY and CA determine what's best for the rest of the country?

No good answer here, that I can see.

Well, if thread is any example, expect another four years of whining and bitching.

Let's hope that the rest of the Kerry supporters show a little more class than BF and Rabid.

98631[/snapback]

An let's hope the bush supporters are gracious winners and don't continue to attack.

An let's hope the bush supporters are gracious winners and don't continue to attack.

98993[/snapback]

And let's hope the democrats don't continue to attack, as it seems other than Kelly TFABD everyone is doing this morning. That attitude after a mandate from the people is going to piss a lot of folks off. If it continues I could see people in power do things to spite them.

No, It will be a reality

98948[/snapback]

keep dreaming, The dems are in retreat over the past two election cycles. Not only did they not regain contrrol of either house of congress, they also LOST seats.

The Democrats will, IMO, be completely unable to put up any resistance druing and after the 2006 mid-term elections.

98993[/snapback]

Yup. As I mentioned previously, you need to be gracious in victory as well as defeat.

And let's hope the democrats don't continue to attack, as it seems other than Kelly TFABD everyone is doing this morning.

And let's hope republicans don't continue to attack. (You replied to my reply about dems attacking so now I have to reply to your reply with the same reply I did the first time!)

If it continues I could see people in power do things to spite them.

So - status quo for the goverment?

Very well, thank you. Did you not see my posts conceding the election? I thought I was pretty gracious in defeat.

99059[/snapback]

Haven't gotten down through the threads yet. Hope you didn't concede too soon - always have to keep your options open.

Where's the selected not elected stevestojan today I wonder.

Some of you deserve to have this rubed in your faces.

Small people + small minds = Whinny Democrats.

I need to buy stock in Hot Pockets :D

99081[/snapback]

Can we join arms and sing God Bless America? :(