Metallica Guitar Hero

damj

HEY!!!! You lost your rookie status.....its amazing how fast you have grown....congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

Exactly ... good grief people ... IT'S A FRICKIN' GAME ... I don't see people saying "Oh Jeez, if you want to shoot at people why don't you just join the army instead of playing call of duty".

Translation:

"I'm coming to sh*t all over your thread!"

I mean seriously, why bother coming into a thread about a video game to piss and moan about video games? You might be interested to know that plenty of musicians find this game entertaining.

And as for your point about people being lazy do a little bit of research. Music industry experts are stating that they believe after a few years of flat sales, guitar sales increased largely due to the popularity of these types of games.

Or you could post BS and whine all day on the internet.

Oh sure I bet guitar sales skyrocketed due to GH but as soon as many people got the guitar home it was "oh this is too haaaaarrrrd" and never pick it up again. I'm not pissing and moaning about video games. I'm using this to point out how short our attention spans have grown.

Oh sure I bet guitar sales skyrocketed due to GH but as soon as many people got the guitar home it was "oh this is too haaaaarrrrd" and never pick it up again. I'm not pissing and moaning about video games. I'm using this to point out how short our attention spans have grown.

I'm certain that's been happening since people first started buying instruments and isn't anything particularly new.

I'm certain that's been happening since people first started buying instruments and isn't anything particularly new.

I agree but I just feel that people just don't have the patience for the amount of work it takes to learn an instrument. It just seemed there were more people who played several instruments years ago than today. My wife picked up the violin about 4 years ago. She practices about 10-12 hours a week. That's a huge commitment but I can tell she loves it. I play drums and I can sit there and play for hours and just have a blast. I know GH is just a game but compare that to the satisfaction of actually learning how to play an instrument and I imagine there is no comparison.

Sorry to shiit all over your thread but sorry, it's what I do. :thumbsup:

Ticked? Yeah I'm really ticked. :thumbsup:

It just shows that Americans have lost patience with everything. "You mean I'd have to practice for several hours a week to actually learn how to play an instrument? !@#$ that, I want to play it noooooowwww." And if you've ever sat back and watched yourself play it, you look like a retard. But you have fun with your little game.

Yeah, your right. How dare people play a game. I guess anyone playing Call of Duty 4 should go shoot people in real life instead.

I play drums and have no desire to learn guitar and I know I look like a retard when playing it, but it's about killing time on the weekend and having some fun with friends. Mindless entertainment can be fun after a hard week.

I guess the real question is, why does it bother you so much?

And just to add, Metallica sucks.

you are both right, i just think each of you may think both are mutually exclusive...there is room for 'mindless entertainment' such as video games, there is also room for learning a new instrument...hell even if you take 20-30 minutes a day to practice a new chord....the problem is...we do have very short attention spans and do require instant gratification...that is why diet and excersise is so easy to give up on...instant results are not there and we get discouraged...hell i am fighting those demons right now....i have nothing to do during the day but job hunt, i have both a guitar and a bass in my house....i have picked them up exactly ZERO times... :thumbsup: , i don't play video games either...

I agree but I just feel that people just don't have the patience for the amount of work it takes to learn an instrument. It just seemed there were more people who played several instruments years ago than today. My wife picked up the violin about 4 years ago. She practices about 10-12 hours a week. That's a huge commitment but I can tell she loves it. I play drums and I can sit there and play for hours and just have a blast. I know GH is just a game but compare that to the satisfaction of actually learning how to play an instrument and I imagine there is no comparison.

Sorry to shiit all over your thread but sorry, it's what I do. :wallbash:

Yeah, your right. How dare people play a game. I guess anyone playing Call of Duty 4 should go shoot people in real life instead.

I play drums and have no desire to learn guitar and I know I look like a retard when playing it, but it's about killing time on the weekend and having some fun with friends. Mindless entertainment can be fun after a hard week.

I guess the real question is, why does it bother you so much?

And just to add, Metallica sucks.

I don't know maybe I just feel this way because the art of making music is being lost. First it started with music class being eliminated in many schools. Then with most music today being created via computer and now people playing air guitar. You do realize that creating and playing real music with your friends on the weekend used to be considered mindless entertainment. Trust me when we played music we were usually out of our minds. :thumbsup:

I play several instruments, although I'm primarily a guitar player, and have been for over 20 years. I agree nothing really compares, but if this makes people interesting in music I'm all for it.

Sorry to shiit all over your thread but sorry, it's what I do. :thumbsup:

You just go on being you! :wallbash:

I don't know maybe I just feel this way because the art of making music is being lost. First it started with music class being eliminated in many schools. Then with most music today being created via computer and now people playing air guitar. You do realize that creating and playing real music with your friends on the weekend used to be considered mindless entertainment. Trust me when we played music we were usually out of our minds. <_<

This part I wholeheartedly disagree with (the exception being music programs being canceled).

I don't think the art of creating music is being lost at all, we are just finding new ways to do it. Although I don't like the fact that everyone seems to be faking it with pro-tools.

HEY!!!! You lost your rookie status.....its amazing how fast you have grown....congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Pooj ... I still get smacked around, but at least guys are much nicer about it ... LOL ... of course I expect nothing less ...

I play several instruments, although I'm primarily a guitar player, and have been for over 20 years. I agree nothing really compares, but if this makes people interesting in music I'm all for it.

You just go on being you! :thumbsup:

This part I wholeheartedly disagree with (the exception being music programs being canceled).

I don't think the art of creating music is being lost at all, we are just finding new ways to do it. Although I don't like the fact that everyone seems to be faking it with pro-tools.

Maybe I should have said the art of creating GOOD music has been lost. :wallbash:

i don't see how this game could be enjoyable. i mean, every metallica song on every other GH/Rock Band was damn near impossible on Hard/Expert difficulty.

Pain is fun!

I was playing Fight Fire with Fire on medium and my barely made it through ... my son was laughing at me, until he tried it ... at least I made it all the way through.