Hyphe23

Buffalo Sends to Detroit:

11th Overall

3rd Rounder

Buffalo Receives:

20th Overall

33rd Overall

5th Rounder

I looked at the trade chart and it seems like this deal would work. Also it makes a little sense if a QB is still sitting there at 11 and Detroit goes a different direction at #1 Overall.

Would you like this trade? I think if this worked out we could address DE, OL and TE in the first two rounds of the draft, which are all high need positions.

11th Overall

3rd Rounder

Buffalo Receives:

20th Overall

33rd Overall

5th Rounder

I looked at the trade chart and it seems like this deal would work. Also it makes a little sense if a QB is still sitting there at 11 and Detroit goes a different direction at #1 Overall.

Would you like this trade? I think if this worked out we could address DE, OL and TE in the first two rounds of the draft, which are all high need positions.

To flesh this out a bit more, the Bills in this scenario would end up with:

1st round: 20th overall

2nd round: 33rd overall

2nd round: 42nd overall

3rd round: nothing

4th round: 138th overall

5th round: 171st overall

Just found out though, we couldn't get Detroit's 5th round pick because they don't have one.

The centerpiece of this scenario however is that the Bills would have 3 picks in the top 42...simply by moving down 9 spots in the 1st round. I like it.

To flesh this out a bit more, the Bills in this scenario would end up with:

1st round: 20th overall

2nd round: 33rd overall

2nd round: 42nd overall

3rd round: nothing

4th round: 138th overall

5th round: 171st overall

Just found out though, we couldn't get Detroit's 5th round pick because they don't have one.

The centerpiece of this scenario however is that the Bills would have 3 picks in the top 42...simply by moving down 9 spots in the 1st round. I like it.

Good call, I obviously didnt investigate the 5th rounder enough, I was merely pointing out that i think that would be a good way to address 3 need positions with relatively high picks. I tihnk Detroit might want to do this to if Sanchez fell to that spot.

If Sanchez is still available at 11, wouldn't the Jets (at 17), Bears (at 18), Bucs (at 19) as well as the Lions (at 20) be interested in trading up to get him? Maybe we could start a 15 minutes bidding war and come up with even more picks.

How about we trade Peters to Bengals for there first and third and than also do the trade with Detroit .Use the draft choice from Bengals for OT Monroe and then used the other picks to fix other spots plus we still will have a third round draft choice and get a good young cheaper left tackle who would be happy to be here.I really don't want to trade Peters but if he wants to hold out every year,he isn't helping the team. And they say that Monroe is a good pass blocker.

Why would Detroit do this?

They already have the #1 pick in the draft. Trading up for the #11 just hurts them from a salary cap move. If they draft right, they can get some starting impact players with picks #20 and #33. Of course, if history is an indicator but thats another story.

11th Overall

3rd Rounder

Buffalo Receives:

20th Overall

33rd Overall

5th Rounder

What abot DT as well? I like the whole scenario though. I think it depends if raji drops to 11 or not and I dont think he makes it past 6.

11th Overall

3rd Rounder

Buffalo Receives:

20th Overall

33rd Overall

5th Rounder

I like it but it makes to much sense for the Bills to pull the triger on such a deal

They already have the #1 pick in the draft. Trading up for the #11 just hurts them from a salary cap move. If they draft right, they can get some starting impact players with picks #20 and #33. Of course, if history is an indicator but thats another story.

It would make things tough...the usual way being signing up the lower rounds, and then seeing how much cash is left to sign the #1. Signing the #1 and #11 overall looks to be a tough task.

Its a good deal for them. They are basically giving up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd and moving up in the 1st.

Instead of having 2 first rounders, a 2nd, and a 3rd, they get two HIGH 1st rounders, and two 3rds.

Having the two high firsts could give them everything they want. At pick 20, there is pretty much no chance that either Sanchez or Stafford are there, and there is also a slim chance that one of the top few OT's will be there. But, at pick 11, its very very possible a QB is there, and if not, one of the top lineman.

Moving up from 20 to 11 gives them much more flexibility with the number 1 overall. They can have their LB they want in Curry, and still grab one of the top tackles they couldn't get at 20. And... they get another 3rd rounder.

Here's the difference between #11 and #20 last year. Incidentally these guys and Rodgers-Cromartie were rated neck and neck. Sliding in the draft sucks for the player.

11. Leodis McKelvin, Buffalo Bills - 5 years, $19.4 million ($12.6 million guaranteed)

20. Aqib Talib, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 5 years, $14 million ($8.2 million guaranteed)

Not too much of a difference after factoring in they would have a third rounder instead of a second rounder to sign plus one less late round pick to sign.

Here's the difference between #11 and #20 last year. Incidentally these guys and Rodgers-Cromartie were rated neck and neck. Sliding in the draft sucks for the player.

11. Leodis McKelvin, Buffalo Bills - 5 years, $19.4 million ($12.6 million guaranteed)

20. Aqib Talib, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 5 years, $14 million ($8.2 million guaranteed)

Not too much of a difference after factoring in they would have a third rounder instead of a second rounder to sign plus one less late round pick to sign.

Well, McKelvin and Rodgers-Cromartie we the top two corners; Talib was close behind them but he wasn't at the same level. I remember actually being afraid Buffalo would draft Talib and being relieved when they drafted McKelvin. One of the scouting reports on Talib was that he'd always go for the big play and frequently gave up big plays in doing so - all I could think of was Nate Clements going for the interception on 4th and forever against Jax opening day a few seasons ago.

By all accounts this is a pretty deep draft so if I'm Detroit, I want 3 picks in the first 33 rounds. Go with Stafford, an OLB like Cushing or Matthews at #20 and then take an OL like Duke Robinson, William Beatty or Herman Johnson. If a DE falls then maybe they go there. Tyson Jackson perhaps?

By all accounts this is a pretty deep draft so if I'm Detroit, I want 3 picks in the first 33 rounds. Go with Stafford, an OLB like Cushing or Matthews at #20 and then take an OL like Duke Robinson, William Beatty or Herman Johnson. If a DE falls then maybe they go there. Tyson Jackson perhaps?

3 picks in the first 33 rounds?? Is this the MLB draft??

Tyson Jackson is a 3-4 DE who can't get to the QB. Pass.

I agree with everyone who has said that Detroit SHOULD hold onto both of those picks. However if they are to draft Curry or Jason Smith with the first overall pick then they could get a QB like Sanchez at #11 for significantly less money than a #1 overall QB would make. I actually think it would be a decent move for them because they would get their QB of the future for less money and they would also get a LB or OL #1 overall.

11th Overall

3rd Rounder

Buffalo Receives:

20th Overall

33rd Overall

5th Rounder

The Bills need to pick as high as they can in round one. Trading down makes no sense. They need talent, not depth, on this football team. Until the make the playoffs, at least, they should always pick a player with their first pick in the first round.

The Bills need to pick as high as they can in round one. Trading down makes no sense. They need talent, not depth, on this football team. Until the make the playoffs, at least, they should always pick a player with their first pick in the first round.

So in response to this, say the best player available is Everette Brown, who I like. Would you rather have Everette Brown and say Max Unger, or would you rather have Pettigrew, Mack and Connor Barwin?

I agree with you to an extent on best available but I would prefer the second scenario.

Just to clarify, Detroit is in need of a MLB, not an OLB.