The Lions have entered negotiations with the

It's unknown who it is, but the speculation is that it's among Stafford, Smith, Monroe, and Curry. It also says that the Lions may just sign whichever agrees to the smallest contract. lol, frugal!

And I agree with the bulletin in that it all but rules out Stafford because he'll obviously want more than the $72M Ryan got last year. Unless the Lions brass are sold on him, which I doubt.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=141545

I think Stafford could negotiate for less than the 72 million Ryan received last year. If he does not go one, he could drop several picks. That would mean a smaller contract. If my assessment is correct, the lions are smart negotiating with several prospects, even if they have a player in mind. It could mean they get the player they want for cheaper.

I think Stafford could negotiate for less than the 72 million Ryan received last year. If he does not go one, he could drop several picks. That would mean a smaller contract. If my assessment is correct, the lions are smart negotiating with several prospects, even if they have a player in mind. It could mean they get the player they want for cheaper.

he should call up Brady Quinn and see how playing hardball with the Raiders worked out for him and the #1 overall pick.

he got nosebleeds and severe internal bleeding from the free fall associated with dropping from #1 to #22.

he should call up Brady Quinn and see how playing hardball with the Raiders worked out for him and the #1 overall pick.

he got nosebleeds and severe internal bleeding from the free fall associated with dropping from #1 to #22.

Yet, that move, while costing him huge coin, put him in a much better situation.

Yet, that move, while costing him huge coin, put him in a much better situation.

True that. The Raiders have to be the one team I wouldn't want to play for. Insane owner who meddles too much and fires coaches every 12 months. No one can succeed if they have to learn a new system each year.