Looking like 4 more years of Alfred E. Bush

Tom

Huh?

As of right now it's 170-112. Kerry will win California, and that will give him 167. 170-167 and calling the election "over" may be a bit premature, no?

Nobody knows who's going to win this thing yet.

Huh?

As of right now it's 170-112.  Kerry will win California, and that will give him 167.  170-167 and calling the election "over" may be a bit premature, no?

Nobody knows who's going to win this thing yet.

97987[/snapback]

Very true. But it looks like (all from the exit polls which may mean nothing) Kerry is going to take Ohio and PA which would essentially give him the election.

Very true. But it looks like (all from the exit polls which may mean nothing) Kerry is going to take Ohio and PA which would essentially give him the election.

97989[/snapback]

OK, give Kerry those too, he's still 70 (give or take) away from the required 270. This thing is close.

OK, give Kerry those too, he's still 70 (give or take) away from the required 270.  This thing is close.

97991[/snapback]

Oh, I'm not saying it won't be close. I just think Kerry will win (again this is based on the exit polls not on my own personal taste since I don't really have a horse in this race).

I have a feeling it may be the reverse of last year. Bush will win the popular vote but lose the EC. Probably not, but it would be funny if that's how it happened.

I have a feeling it may be the reverse of last year. Bush will win the popular vote but lose the EC. Probably not, but it would be funny if that's how it happened.

97995[/snapback]

:D Poetic justice.

I know where you're coming from in your previous posts, I take exception to someone looking at 170-112 and figuring that the election's all but over. Hell, it's just begun!

Oh Well...... :D

97979[/snapback]

It is early but I had this uneasy feeling earlier in the week that Dubya would win by a landslide. I am actually hoping the opposite so that the republican party can move back to center from the far right that it has been driven too.

:D  Poetic justice.

97998[/snapback]

True enough! lol

I dunno. I think people are too emotionally involved in this election. I'm not saying it's not important, but people act like Bush is either the Devil or the Second Coming.

When there is too much emotion involved, reason, logic and objectivity get lost.

But hey, for me it's great entertainment. lol

97989[/snapback]

As I previously noted in another thread: they're also showing Hoeffel with a 100,000-vote lead over Specter. I find that number hard to believe, unless most or all of the early returns are from Philadelphia and Allegheny counties.

As I previously noted in another thread: they're also showing Hoeffel with a 100,000-vote lead over Specter. I find that number hard to believe, unless most or all of the early returns are from Philadelphia and Allegheny counties.

98003[/snapback]

Good point.

I just hope and pray that regardless of who wins, the loser will concede (sp?) gracefully so the country can move on without dragging this election out like in 2000.

Good point.

I just hope and pray that regardless of who wins, the loser will concede (sp?) gracefully so the country can move on without dragging this election out like in 2000.

98011[/snapback]

Barring any monkey business with the results, I hope the loser will concede too. But we've already heard of voting "irregularities" in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, and even Virginia (Richmond), and lawsuits have already been filed. :D

Hopefully much ado about nothing, but that nothing can quickly turn into something if it's as close as 2000.

Barring any monkey business with the results, I hope the loser will concede too.  But we've already heard of voting "irregularities" in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, and even Virginia (Richmond), and lawsuits have already been filed. :D

Hopefully much ado about nothing, but that nothing can quickly turn into something if it's as close as 2000.

98016[/snapback]

Yeah, I just think that will be an absolute embarrasment. That is why I think it's up to the individual candidates to step up and, to use a football term, take one for the team.

Will it happen? Doubtful. But there's always hope.

97989[/snapback]

Ohio doesn't look like anything at all at this point. Exit polls have Kerry winning Ohio pretty solidly...but early results are strongly towards Bush...but Cuyahoga county's solidly for Kerry with only 3% of the results in, and if he wins Cuyahoga he could carry the state. Bottom line: it's not even remotely definite. Ditto Florida and Miami-Dade county.

And now Colorado, Minn and Wisconson have the early numbers favoring Bush. If he takes all three of those it could proove me wrong.

Mind you, even though I think Kerry will win, I am in no way a political scientist. I am more like an arm-chair political enthusiast...and I can't spell.

And now Colorado, Minn and Wisconson have the early numbers favoring Bush. If he takes all three of those it could proove me wrong.

Mind you, even though I think Kerry will win, I am in no way a political scientist. I am more like an arm-chair political enthusiast...and I can't spell.

98030[/snapback]

I thought Kerry would, too, if only on the logic that such high voter turnout was more indicative of extreme dissatisfaction with the incumbent than anything else, ergo much of the turnout above and beyond normal would swing to Kerry.

Sound reasoning...just wrong, apparently.

I thought Kerry would, too, if only on the logic that such high voter turnout was more indicative of extreme dissatisfaction with the incumbent than anything else, ergo much of the turnout above and beyond normal would swing to Kerry.

98054[/snapback]

It's not wrong yet...still lots of votes to be counted I guess.

Who knows. Might as well just enjoy the show.

98054[/snapback]

Not really sound.... just reactionary. I'm disappointed. :D

High voter turnout didn't phase me because if you listen to the W campaign - they CLEARLY pulled out all stops on the GOTV. For example, I believe this is for PA, they contacted 300k in 3 months in 2000. This year they contacted 1.6M in 72 friggin' hours....

They may lose Pa, but the ground game for W has been fuggin' impressive.