I met Jevon Kearse at a gas station today.

It was pretty cool. I ran into a 7-11 today about 5:00 and while I was waiting in line I notice this guy sliding his credit card for payment and he was having trouble with it. As I was realizing that it was Kearse, I can tell that he's getting frustrated with the whole process of it. As it turned out he only had $100 dollar bills and they couldn't change it so he was forced to try and use his credit card after he already pumped his gas. I asked him if he was Jevon and he said yeah he was. We started talking and I was able to change his $100 bill.

I paid for my stuff and we both walked out about the same time. Our cars were parked on opposite sides of the same pump and I talked to him for about 5 minutes. He's a nice guy and he's sure got some big arms! Before he left I asked him if he's got anything he could sign. He said that he thinks he does and pulled out a sharpie and popped his trunk. He had about a half box of the nicest Tennesse Titan hats and signed the brim of it to my kid. It was pretty cool.

Needless to say that I was caught off guard but I live in Fort Myers, Fl and that's his hometown. There's several other current/former NFL players from here or from very near by. I guess the biggest name would be Deion Sanders. Here are some others that come from here or very nearby.

Edgerrin James

Greg Spires

Earnest Graham

Eric Green

Phillip Buchanon

Anthony Henry

Anthony Hargrove

I'm sure that I'm leaving a few others out but the above are actually born and bred here. There is also a lot of baseball players who actually live here but haven't been born or raised here.

Nice story Tipster. Despite the fact that he's a Titan and because of the Homerun throw forward, I can honestly say he's one of the few Flaming Thumb tacks that I can stand. Seems like a nice guy. Wish I had his problems at the pump however, with not having anything smaller than hundies to pay. :thumbsup:

It was pretty cool. I ran into a 7-11 today about 5:00 and while I was waiting in line I notice this guy sliding his credit card for payment and he was having trouble with it. As I was realizing that it was Kearse, I can tell that he's getting frustrated with the whole process of it. As it turned out he only had $100 dollar bills and they couldn't change it so he was forced to try and use his credit card after he already pumped his gas. I asked him if he was Jevon and he said yeah he was. We started talking and I was able to change his $100 bill.

I paid for my stuff and we both walked out about the same time. Our cars were parked on opposite sides of the same pump and I talked to him for about 5 minutes. He's a nice guy and he's sure got some big arms! Before he left I asked him if he's got anything he could sign. He said that he thinks he does and pulled out a sharpie and popped his trunk. He had about a half box of the nicest Tennesse Titan hats and signed the brim of it to my kid. It was pretty cool.

Needless to say that I was caught off guard but I live in Fort Myers, Fl and that's his hometown. There's several other current/former NFL players from here or from very near by. I guess the biggest name would be Deion Sanders. Here are some others that come from here or very nearby.

Edgerrin James

Greg Spires

Earnest Graham

Eric Green

Phillip Buchanon

Anthony Henry

Anthony Hargrove

I'm sure that I'm leaving a few others out but the above are actually born and bred here. There is also a lot of baseball players who actually live here but haven't been born or raised here.

Cool story man. Sounds like the Freak is a good guy. I'm glad to hear that he was personable. That's cool that he had hats on him too, lol, he must know he's bound to run into a few fans at the 7/11!

I live in Naples, weather has been spectacular lately.

Edgerrin James

Greg Spires

Earnest Graham

Eric Green

Phillip Buchanon

Anthony Henry

Anthony Hargrove

Edgerrin James

Greg Spires

Earnest Graham

Eric Green

Phillip Buchanon

Anthony Henry

Anthony Hargrove

Cool story Tip-Man. Can you get Anthony Hargrove's exact address their are some people looking for him. :thumbsup:

yea, a real classy guy. the type of guy who falls asleep on the sideline in the middle of his team's game

lol, I remember seeing him on the sidelines hittin on some broad while the games was being played. He looked like he was layin it on pretty thick. Could been his wife, though.

What the hell was he driving, a smart car? I would assume a man his size would be driving a vehicle that would require payment with at least $100.00.

It's funny that you ask. I'm in the car business and I didn't really pay too much attention or make a big deal out of it because I was thrilled just to be rapping with him but he was driving a black, late model Mercedes-Benz SL 600 series/12 cylinder. I just didn't notice if it had the AMG package or not but I'm sure it was. The car looked sweet.

The guy behind the counter had no idea who he was giving a difficult time to. Kearse probably could have bought the whole place. LOL!