The Bills are done in FA

Fingon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how that is true. We're not even close to the real cap. And we havent put out a lot of cash.

We were $23 million under before FA, then we gave T.O. $6.5 mill, signed Hangartner, got hit with a cap penalty for cutting Dockery, and got Pat Thomas.

and we signed Fitzpatrick

We were $23 million under before FA, then we gave T.O. $6.5 mill, signed Hangartner, got hit with a cap penalty for cutting Dockery, and got Pat Thomas.

and we signed Fitzpatrick

IIRC even factoring in the hit for Dockery, we still saved about 500k on the cap. Or it might have been a 500k penalty. Either way it doesn't explain where the 7 mil. of cap room that went to Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, Florence and Thomas.

If what you are sayng is correct, what a big disappointment this Bills are again. They signed all unknowns, mostly career backups and one malcontent aging star, who has as much of a chance of ripping the team apart as he does helping it. I hope it isn't true, but if it is, it only furthers the fact that we are the laughing stock of the NFL.

T.O. = $6.5 mill

Hangartner= probably in the 2-3ish range

Florence= $3.3

That leaves us with around $10 million cap room (not counting Fitzpatrick and Thomas)

They will release another player before camp. They have the dollars for another free agent. We have to many holes going into the draft.

Oh and if they are truthful in being cash to cap, they have 39 million to spend to get there. That will be bonus money to spend and current year salaries.

Finally I don't think rookie money will be 10 million. I would guess closer to 6.

T.O. = $6.5 mill

Hangartner= probably in the 2-3ish range

Florence= $3.3

That leaves us with around $10 million cap room (not counting Fitzpatrick and Thomas)

Hantgartner was a multi year deal so his cap number isn't necessarily his avg. annual.

IIRC even factoring in the hit for Dockery, we still saved about 500k on the cap. Or it might have been a 500k penalty. Either way it doesn't explain where the 7 mil. of cap room that went to Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, Florence and Thomas.

the poster is incorrect on what kirwin said he said we are 10 million under the cap and i said thats barely enough to sign peters and our rookies.

when we started free agency we were 27 million under the cap

TO=6.8

hangartner =3.3

fitz=3.3

florance = 2.5

thomas=?

then we signed our restricted free agents

do the math kirwin is right on the money.

the poster is incorrect on what kirwin said he said we are 10 million under the cap and i said thats barely enough to sign peters and our rookies.

TO=6.8

hangartner =3.3

fitz=3.3

florance = 2.5

thomas=?

Why on earth did they pay him that much,someone enlighten me pls

TO=6.8

hangartner =3.3

fitz=3.3

florance = 2.5

thomas=?

I really not trying to be difficult but does it take 10 million to cover rookies this year? That seems a bit high.

I really not trying to be difficult but does it take 10 million to cover rookies this year? That seems a bit high.

Also the numbers for all FA's besides Owens are very inflated...I think I read Hantgartner and Fitz are both under 2 million cap hit this season.