Da Bills

Interesting article posted by BuffaloFootballReport.com http://buf.scout.com/2/847565.html

The thing is, unless the Bills build a better O line then they had last season they won't win many games with Edwards on his back from being sacked in under 3 seconds or on the sidelines because he was injured again. Makes you wonder if they should have gone for Jeff Garcia as the back up, someone who can throw on the run. Maybe they plan to draft Pat White in the second round to run the wildcat and option? Pretty tough to be a pocket passer with no pocket.

I agree with this statement from the article:

In retrospect, the Bills should have dove head-first into rebuilding on the offensive line. Rather than settling with Hangartner, why not unload an impossible-to-refuse contract to Jason Brown, Stacey Andrews or Tra Thomas? Trade Jason Peters for a handful of picks and move on with a new-look line. No starting left tackle in the NFL gave up more sacks that Peters last season (13.5). The last thing he needs is the richest contract ever for an offensive lineman.

Wow,totally agree here.Is Peters asking for that much because he knows it won't happen with Buffalo? Nate Clements was a good CB, but he certainly wasn't worth what SF paid him IMO.

Owens got the ticket sales going for now(and Jersey sales), but how can they win games with another lousy O line?

Owens got the ticket sales going for now(and Jersey sales), but how can they win games with another lousy O line?

They can't, and they never have, right R.Rich? Some of us have been asking this question for more than a decade.

In 2006, Tampa Bay had the 23rd selection in round 1. The Bills selected 8th. Tampa came away with Davin Joseph and Jeremy Trueblood. We left with Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, and Simpson in the first 4 rounds, and it cost us a second round pick to acquire these gems.

The draft is coming, and it isn't hard to find a good guard in the early rounds. The Bills haven't drafted a first day OG since Ruben Brown in 1995. In this time span they have drafted 6 defensive backs, including 3 #1 selections. In 94 and 93, they also drafted 1st round corners.

In short, since 1993, the Bills have used more of their top draft resources on the secondary than any other area, and it isn't close. This and losing go hand in hand. Jauron, who could give seminars on losing, will probably want to trade Jason Peters for a draft pick and take a 1st round safety. It would be comical too, except Bills Fans deserve better.

They can't, and they never have, right R.Rich? Some of us have been asking this question for more than a decade.

In 2006, Tampa Bay had the 23rd selection in round 1. The Bills selected 8th. Tampa came away with Davin Joseph and Jeremy Trueblood. We left with Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, and Simpson in the first 4 rounds, and it cost us a second round pick to acquire these gems.

The draft is coming, and it isn't hard to find a good guard in the early rounds. The Bills haven't drafted a first day OG since Ruben Brown in 1995. In this time span they have drafted 6 defensive backs, including 3 #1 selections. In 94 and 93, they also drafted 1st round corners.

In short, since 1993, the Bills have used more of their top draft resources on the secondary than any other area, and it isn't close. This and losing go hand in hand. Jauron, who could give seminars on losing, will probably want to trade Jason Peters for a draft pick and take a 1st round safety. It would be comical too, except Bills Fans deserve better.

Agreed Bill...

But what You gonna do?...You know? I think We are not only dealing with an Organizational philosophy (DB's over Interior Lines on the priority list...See Whitner over Ngata...) but we're also dealing with a Team that simply does not want to pay Peters what He wants because Buffalo is a "Small Market." Or whatever excuse they want to use...So the deck is stacked from the get-go...

I'm only in favor of Trading Peters cause I'm convinced The Bills will not be able to work out a Deal with His Agent...Not because I want to see Our 27 Year Old Pro Bowl LT leave Town...I just don't see The Bills moving towards an agreement with Peters...And if they can't get it done now I think it's time to move on, get what You can, and cross Your fingers The Bills hit on a few Draft Picks in 09...

What Ya gonna do? :thumbsup:

We'll see... :unsure:

Take a look at the salary cap page (even without the TO update) then look at the gaping hole on the left side of our OL. Someone please explain to me what we are doing?

If this was another team, I would answer by saying that perhaps they are eying a guard in the draft that they think can be a star. But, this is our Bills so your guess is as good as mine. :thumbsup:

But if this organizational deficit exists as y'all say, that leads me to two questions:

1 - How did we make it to the playoffs prior to the 99-present drought?

and

2 - If you believe this persists, if you believe that losing, both organizationally and coaching-wise, why even follow this team?

This isn't meant to be one of those, "You're not a real fan" by any means. But, if the purpose of being a fan at the end of the day is to enjoy a team in a specific sport, if you feel like many on this board feel, they don't draft whomever or whatever, they don't coach like whomever, why not follow the people/team that will not induce this stress or vitriol?

If this was another team, I would answer by saying that perhaps they are eying a guard in the draft that they think can be a star. But, this is our Bills so your guess is as good as mine. :thumbsup:

I know the majority of the posters here would like to see us go TE in one of the first 2 rounds Bill, maybe yourself included. I, OTOH, would like them to look at Herman Johnson out of LSU.

This is why we can't let Peters go :lol:

Sorry, but no way is Peters worth 11.5 mill a year,not to mention the highest paid o lineman in the NFL. I think he wants out of Buffalo just by asking for that much,I'd say buh bye

The Bill would be better off trading him and moving Walker over to Peters position.