Relocating to Columbus Ohio

How did I not know you were in Gahanna, AiO? (Or is that a recent move? It's been a couple of years since my last trip out that way.) My friend's brother lives there, and we used to do our FFL draft at his place ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I not know you were in Gahanna, AiO? (Or is that a recent move? It's been a couple of years since my last trip out that way.) My friend's brother lives there, and we used to do our FFL draft at his place ...

Relatively recent, we moved there in late October 2007. Let me know if you're in the neighborhood again!

I drive 40 minutes each way now. would like to cut that down a bit but if it means better schools for the kids then I can do it again.

How far is westerville from the west side of Columbus?

If you're traveling during rush hour, I think you'd be looking at a minimum 40 minute commute from Westerville to the west side. Pickerington would be at least that bad. Personally, I would avoid Pickerington like the plague, simply because the traffic is horrific.

Grove City would be a good option to cut down on your commute, I always hear that taxes are horrible but I don't know how they compare to the other 'burbs, everyone complains!

Dublin and Upper Arlington are pricey but folks who live there love it.

If you're traveling during rush hour, I think you'd be looking at a minimum 40 minute commute from Westerville to the west side. Pickerington would be at least that bad. Personally, I would avoid Pickerington like the plague, simply because the traffic is horrific.

Grove City would be a good option to cut down on your commute, I always hear that taxes are horrible but I don't know how they compare to the other 'burbs, everyone complains!

Dublin and Upper Arlington are pricey but folks who live there love it.

I also need to take into account the school systems. The kids education will probably be the driving influence on my decision.

Do they sell Labbatt Blue Light in Columbus or will I have to import it like I do in Alabama?

I also need to take into account the school systems. The kids education will probably be the driving influence on my decision.

Do they sell Labbatt Blue Light in Columbus or will I have to import it like I do in Alabama?

Since I don't have kids, I can't speak to the education piece except stay away from Columbus Public. I have friends with kids in Westerville and Dublin schools and their parents are very pleased with they system.

Yes, you can Blue Light at most of the grocery stores, at least at Kroger and Giant Eagle!

Since I don't have kids, I can't speak to the education piece except stay away from Columbus Public. I have friends with kids in Westerville and Dublin schools and their parents are very pleased with they system.

Yes, you can Blue Light at most of the grocery stores, at least at Kroger and Giant Eagle!

I have heard to stay away from the Columbus City Schools. Looking in the outlying areas has seem to cut down on my housing options though as I will be renting. Cannot buy until something happens with this economy unless I were to fall into a killer deal or foreclosure.

Are there any Bills bars in the area?

I have heard to stay away from the Columbus City Schools. Looking in the outlying areas has seem to cut down on my housing options though as I will be renting. Cannot buy until something happens with this economy unless I were to fall into a killer deal or foreclosure.

All the Bills fans in the area, go to AiO's house to watch the games. Free food and booze, every Sunday, during the season! :thumbsup:

Fellow wallers,

Each time the Navy transfers me I always get input from the kind folks that live in that area about that area. Today I am doing it again.

I will be relocating to Columbus the first week of June to take over the Navy Recruiting Office on the west side of Columbus. I am looking for some help on neighborhoods, schools(kids are 10 and 12), watering holes with Bills fans, etc etc.

I have spoken with a couple of people who tell me that Hilliard and Westerville are nice areas with great schools. Any other info I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

Sorry Steve, I know nothing about Columbus.

Why don't you you just live on the west side of Columbus? You wil be really close to work and you can reach out to the community.

:thumbsup::unsure:

I honestly don't know if there are any Bills bars in the area or not. I have Sunday Ticket and don't stray far from home on Sundays.

And just ignore The Dean (everyone else does). :thumbsup:

I honestly don't know if there are any Bills bars in the area or not. I have Sunday Ticket and don't stray far from home on Sundays.

And just ignore The Dean (everyone else does). ;)

:doh:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a great place to watch football on the west side of columbus in Hilliard called My Cousin Vito's....they have 14 flat screens and even 2 tvs on the patio and they plan to have large projection TVs in the seperate dining room for Bills games only....a full menu and weekly specials theme to opponents

please email me if you have any other questions about details...

There is a great place to watch football on the west side of columbus in Hilliard called My Cousin Vito's....they have 14 flat screens and even 2 tvs on the patio and they plan to have large projection TVs in the seperate dining room for Bills games only....a full menu and weekly specials theme to opponents

please email me if you have any other questions about details...

Wow.. It has been so long since I have been to a Bills Bar to watch games!!!!! And to make it even better I am looking at a couple of houses in Hilliard!!!! :unsure:

i was driving through columbus a few months ago and that was my first "gas stop" and was plesantly suprised that there was a Timmy Hos there! it must be a decent city

i was driving through columbus a few months ago and that was my first "gas stop" and was plesantly suprised that there was a Timmy Hos there! it must be a decent city

It's a balancing act. On the one hand Tim Horton's. On the other AiO.

Horton's :unsure:

AiO :unsure:

Horton's :huh:

AiO :unsure: