# 11 is a weapon, Can we use him better this year?

Why is everyone trying to trade Roscoe? If we can just get him the ball easier, he can make some big plays. With TO, Evans, Reed, and Roscoe on the field at the same time, plus Lynch - can create some problems on matching up for defenses.

With TO & Evans demanding special attention from defenses, Roscoe may be able to break a few big plays this year.

Why don't the Bills try some screens to Roscoe, as long as he has a few seconds after he catches the ball he may be able to get some big gains. Evans & TO line up on the same side run a play to Roscoe on the other side. Also, try using Roscoe as a QB in the wildcat - he was a QB in high school and throws very good in practice.

you need to edit your page.

The reason why he is being mentioned in trade talk here at TBD is because of his lack of production as a WR. Josh Reed is clearly the better slot receiver. So where does he fit other than as a PR? Sure he could be used as a 4th WR in the slot, but at a cost of more than $2 Million a year, it starts to look pretty questionable. Specially considering that his greatest value is at PR and Freddy Jackson and McKelvin could both do the job, which makes him more replaceable

Roscoe really needs to work at getting off the LOS without a gimmicky play being drawn up for him.

If I remember right, Evans spent his first two years (at least the first) staying late after practice, working on this skill. I'm pretty sure it was Troy Vincent helping him with extra rep's. Maybe McGee could put in some time with him.

Also, I think some more upper-body strengh would help.

I agree with the spirit of this thread. Parrish is perhaps the most exciting Bill to see in open field with the ball (with McKelvin and McGee close seconds).

The stats show that Roscoe sucks as a WR. The general thought to the contrary generally goes "He could be Wes Welker ..." Stats show he is not Wes Welker. He is an overpaid one facet player. I understand he can be very exciting as a punt returner but that equates to a lot of money for a few touches per game.

You look at a team and see who you can win without. Roscoe Parrish might be at the top of this list, we can have somebody else return punts. Bobby April is what is really important for our special teams, its not Roscoe. We are strong yearly at special teams, even before Roscoe....BA will get somebody else to do the same job He is not a good reciever, he has zero production, is too small and just speedy. He is a fan favorite and that is about it.

Being Fast doesnt mean you are a good reciever...Roscoe Parrish = Dante Hall....EXACTLY

Gonna do a two for one here...

Roscoe is inconsequential as a wide receiver. In four seasons he has 97 catches for 5 TDs and an average of 10.8 yards per reception. Clearly he has never played in a potent offense but the numbers are still underwhelming. He hasn't produced and he is not a weapon from scrimmage that other teams need concern themselves with.

The counter argument (implied by the original poster) that he will be more effective this year is valid if a bit hopeful...Owens should have multiple positive effects, not least of all allowing the others to play their natural positions.

I have wracked my memory trying to remember a player of similar stature who was very successful in this league as a scrimmage player.

Roscoe was measured at the combine at just under 5'10" and 170.

Anthony Carter had a great career. Carter was 5'11" and 160.

Top 5 receiver Steve Smith who is shorter at 5'9" outweighs Roscoe by 15 pounds.

Last year's prize rookie wideouts are all small.

Donnie Avery is 5'11" and 185.

DeSean Jackson is 5'10" and 175.

Eddie Royal is 5'10 and 182.

So I suppose size alone is not the only factor which has limited Roscoe so far. I will say that he seems thinner than the others and maybe he's more easily misdirected and jammed with one hand by the DBs. Maybe he just looks thinner because he wears that number 11. But all the small guys are thicker and heavier than Roscoe.

Maybe he'll prove that he can add something to the offense.

Until then he has not produced from scrimmage and until he does he simply cannot be considered a true weapon in the Bills offense.

Well he may have better numbers this year because of T.O. He'll draw coverage away from other WRs like Parrish and Johnson. I Think he'll be more of a threat this year.

He'll be fighting for playing time if he makes the roster