Jonas Jennings

nmas3

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11557739

He was often injured in Buffalo and for SF he played 10 games total in 3 years.

Looks the front office made right decision not resigning him.

It always amazed me that some folks were lamenting the loss of JJ back in 05 as proof of their thought that either the Bills were unable to devote sufficient cash to sign stars or of a lack of commitment to OL development.

The Bills problem has not been a lack of focus on the importance of OL development, their problem has been miscues such spending a first day choice on the injury prone JJ and a #4 on Mike Williams.

It always amazed me that some folks were lamenting the loss of JJ back in 05 as proof of their thought that either the Bills were unable to devote sufficient cash to sign stars or of a lack of commitment to OL development.

The Bills problem has not been a lack of focus on the importance of OL development, their problem has been miscues such spending a first day choice on the injury prone JJ and a #4 on Mike Williams.

Two firs-day picks in a decade, one of them 95th overall ... maybe that's not enough?

Yet another Ex-Bill who left for greener pastuers then crashed...joining the ranks of Nate Odems.

Nate blew out each knee during successive off-seasons after he joined the Hawks (playing b-ball I think). You can't exactly say he failed on the field post-Bills, more like he failed to get on the field. Biscuit, Wolford, Patton, Williams and Winfield (lesser degree Bruce, Ziegler, Parker, Schulz) all have done/did fine.

Per KFFL:

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers OT Jonas Jennings won't attend their upcoming minicamp. The 49ers have told him he no longer fits into their future. When he is released, he will save the team $3.1 million in salary cap room.

Jonas was a good player WHEN HEALTHY, I liked him so much when he was with buffalo that I named my dog after him, I think he would be a very good swing tackle to have in Buffalo

He is cut. The Bills should look to the future, not the past. There are plenty of talented young linemen in this years crop to fill our needs. Bell shouldn't be overlooked, either. He's got high marks from the first team defense on this team, and, we did see Peters before anyone else took note of the possibility. Bell sounds like he'll be pretty good. With the draft....go young when you can.

Some much needed facts.

The Niners released Jennings within hours after they reached agreement with Marvel Smith.

In 4 seasons with San Francisco Jennings played in 23 out of a possible 64 games. He missed 31 games to injury.

He has not officially retired although some would argue that he has already unofficially retired.

He will be 32 years old this November.

He has made over $20 million dollars in the NFL.

Jonas was a good player WHEN HEALTHY, I liked him so much when he was with buffalo that I named my dog after him, I think he would be a very good swing tackle to have in Buffalo

The only thing he'll be swinging in is his hammock.

I liked him so much when he was with buffalo that I named my dog after him

Seriously?

That's a serious bromance for a guy to name is dog after our OT? :nana:

I actually thought he was decent when here, was glad when we let him go (from a $ standpoint). But we have no room for him now, unless he wants to be a backup. I love Langston Walker at RT; and I doubt JJ would play Guard--maybe...

All things considered, he is 32 years old and his last chance is staring him in the face. I'd say that his best option (if he still wants to play) is to look into opportunities where he can play guard. I'm on the fence about bringing him back to Buffalo though.....