BJ Raji

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so let me ask you this. Has "our scheme" been succesful? Stroud is a large guy too. And McCargo was a smaller DT and didnt fit "our scheme". Everyone is so hung up on scheme. A football player is a football player and this guy is really good. The Tampa 2/Cover 2 is a D where every piece of the puzzle has to be perfect and Honestly most offenses have figured it out IMO. I do appreciate your input though.

I'm glad to hear someone mention the apparent deficiencies with the Tampa 2. This is a copy cat league, and I hate that the Bills copied that defense. It worked when it was new, but teams have certainly had an easy going against us since its arrival here. I remember so fondly the defences of the late nineties when they alone were good enough to almost get us to the super bowl. Why set goals that aren't elite? They should be trying to be the best defense, period. And, to do that, they need real good solid players...like Raji.

Fingon. 40 yd times dont mean squat for interior lineman. How many interior guys run 40yds. So the fact that you bring up Warren Sapps 40 time confuses me. The initial burst off the ball is what is important for interior guys. And from all the video i have seen on Raji show he is explosive. Any GM will tell you that the 10 yd dash drill is more important for interior guys. And their strength, ie 225 benchpress. Sorry but 40 yd times are not relevant for Oline man and Dlineman. Maybe DE but thats it. If you did not pick a guy because he had a slow 40yd time, but a good 10 yd time and strength, then you are just silly.