Rolle out in Baltimore

Anyone else starting to see that Baltimore is not going to be the defensive juggernaut they have been. First and most importantly they lost Ryan, the D cord behind it for years. Last year they lost Suggs, this year Scott. Now Rolle is gone. I know he is older and not been there for all the great D years in Baltimore. But he did have 3 ints last year and started 10 games for them. Ray isn't playing anywhere near what he was. Heck Leonard started for them last year for awhile. And Leonard is a decent player but not great by any means. At some point this is going to add up. And i bring this up because weaker AFC comp. means one more playoff spot open for the Bills. Your thoughts.

Anyone else starting to see that Baltimore is not going to be the defensive juggernaut they have been. First and most importantly they lost Ryan, the D cord behind it for years. Last year they lost Suggs, this year Scott. Now Rolle is gone. I know he is older and not been there for all the great D years in Baltimore. But he did have 3 ints last year and started 10 games for them. Ray isn't playing anywhere near what he was. Heck Leonard started for them last year for awhile. And Leonard is a decent player but not great by any means. At some point this is going to add up. And i bring this up because weaker AFC comp. means one more playoff spot open for the Bills. Your thoughts.

They lost Suggs last year? Somebody really ought to tell that to Suggs and the Ravens...

Not suggs, my bad sorry . Thomas to N.E. Little early still . Brain Fart.

Haha just messin with ya, anyway. I assumed you meant Thomas. Anyway, yeah, their defense will take a big hit from Bart Scott's departure, but more importantly Ryan's. I think most people probably don't realize exactly what he meant to that defense.

Having said that, things tend to ebb and flow. Their D is getting a few iotas worse, while their O should be getting better after Flacco matures a year. Also, I suspect they will be looking for a WR (maybe Heyward-Bey) in the draft.

Yes, at some point things will change, and they may be a little weaker, this year. With that said, I really don't see Rolle as essential to their dominance, as I think he is very replaceable.

Folks, I hate to break it to you, but it's really Ozzie Newsome who is the brains of the operation. As long as he's around the ravens will be fine. The defensive coordinators have been interchangeable Lewis, Mike Nolan and Rex Ryan. They've lost many great players over the year and Ozzie Newsome has been able to replace them. Many of the guys you are reffering to that they lost such as Thomas and Bart Scott were late round or undrafted free agnets. I'm sure Ozzie Newsome will be able to repeat his success.

Folks, I hate to break it to you, but it's really Ozzie Newsome who is the brains of the operation. As long as he's around the ravens will be fine. The defensive coordinators have been interchangeable Lewis, Mike Nolan and Rex Ryan. They've lost many great players over the year and Ozzie Newsome has been able to replace them. Many of the guys you are reffering to that they lost such as Thomas and Bart Scott were late round or undrafted free agnets. I'm sure Ozzie Newsome will be able to repeat his success.

Absolutely. In addition to Ozzie, anytime you have Ray Lewis and Ed Reed holding players accountable it makes a coachs job so much easier. Those two are getting older too but still demand the most out of their peers.