11.5 million

That`s alot of money. What other options do we have with this money? Pick up a short term fix at left tackle or maybe there is someone on the team that could play up to this cornerstones ability? I`d say we could upgrade the Te. and olb spot with this and work with what we got. I`m sorry but Peters is starting to remind me of Mike Williams. Show Elvis Pig the money and watch him balloon up like he has a air hose stuck down his throat. No thanks. :ph34r:

That`s alot of money. What other options do we have with this money? Pick up a short term fix at left tackle or maybe there is someone on the team that could play up to this cornerstones ability? I`d say we could upgrade the Te. and olb spot with this and work with what we got. I`m sorry but Peters is starting to remind me of Mike Williams. Show Elvis Pig the money and watch him balloon up like he has a air hose stuck down his throat. No thanks. :ph34r:

just pay Peters

there is nobody in free agency that would be help more for the same amount of money

if you spread it over several players, you are just getting several crappy players to fill roster spots - no impact players

the Bills won't spend it anyway

just more cash in Ralph's pocket

are you serious did you ever even look at peters. he is a rock of a man for his size. making a comment that he will get fat and lazy is as foolish as his demand to be paid QB money.

somewhere they have to reach common ground and we must pray they do. his agent is a turd but @ sometime JP has to be a man and take control.

anyone who thinks any other team is going to pay him 12 million to play LT is dreaming including rug head kilgore.

its safe to assume that the bills are offering in the area of 8 or 9 million a year. so heres the question is JP going to continue to create all these heart aches for another 1 or 2 million a year.

i think the bills will go to the 9 million range which would put him in the top 5 of all offensive linemen. if he's not happy with that than we should just screw him and let him continue to keep ruining his career like he did last year.

holding out from all football activity for over 9 months killed his season. if he does it again and has another season like last year do you think there will be teams lining up to give him over 10 million a year with that history of being a me guy and one of putting himself before the team with a 9 million dollar offer on the table. I think not. he has no leverage the bills have all the leverage!

Peters is just posturing. The Bills are going to have to shell out probably 8.5-9.25 mil a season to keep him, though they can put some strings on that if they get him signed to a longer term deal. 5yrs 44-46 mil wouldn't be that bad in terms of the cap, and only adds about 4.6 mil per on average as he already makes a significant amount as it is. That being said, Peters knows that his stock dropped some last year, and that if he holds out again, chances are, he'll be in an even worse position. And technically, if the Bills really wanted to hurt him, they have him on contract as is for two more years. Buffalo doesn't have to release him and he doesn't have to play. A guy out of football for two years who is decrying the fact that he should be getting 11 mil a season instead of 9 mil per season isn't going to have much of a reputation left, and certainly isn't going to get a contract worth 11 million a year. That's just too much risk. As such, I don't think Peters has much of a choice. He'll take the deal once it gets over 9 mil per season and that'll be the end of it.

With the amount of teams who are always desperate for elite left tackles it is amazing to me that people who want to see the Bills win would suggest trading Peters. Look left tackle is the most important offensive position except quarterback, and when you have an elite one like Peters, with a now fearsome receiving corps, it makes no sense to me to suggest that you get rid of the guy. 11.5 million is a lot to pay him, but I think the Bills could offer him a smaller contract with more guaranteed money and compensate that way. I know its a risk but trading a pro bowl left tackle for a lesser player is a step backwards. Pay the guy and you are basically putting your money in the "Bills will make the playoffs" basket. If they do, money will be there and this won't be as much an issue next year. If they don't make the playoffs, what have we lost? Nothing. But, without Peters, they *don't* make the playoffs and have to deal with the fact that they lost one of their few cornerstone elite players around which you can build a franchise. Do whatever is necessary to keep this guy.

Guest dog14787

What ever it takes guys, just get the deal done so it is not going to be a distraction again.

If Jason Peters wants to drag this out for every penny it is worth, doggonit, get him out of here. :ph34r:

Guest dog14787
With 11.5 million we could get a great LT. I'll bet we could get Peters for that. Think if he were on another team, all the idiots that want to trade him would be ALL FOR the Bills signing him.

I've pretty much steered clear of the topic until now, but since being called an idiot seems to be going hand in hand with anyone who has an opinion rational or not on this board nowadays, then doggonit us idiots deserve to be heard. :rolleyes:

Sorry for not following along on the intended path you expect us idiots to go , but No, I would not want Jason Peters back in Buffalo and I think he has been a distraction long enough and should just be sent packing. :ph34r:

I've pretty much steered clear of the topic until now, but since being called an idiot seems to be going hand in hand with anyone who has an opinion rational or not on this board nowadays, then doggonit us idiots deserve to be heard. :thumbsup:

Sorry for not following along on the intended path you expect us idiots to go , but No, I would not want Jason Peters back in Buffalo and I think he has been a distraction long enough and should just be sent packing. :ph34r:

Listen to the big dog bark! I like it :rolleyes:

Under perfect circumstances, sure $11.5MM could probably get us value beyond just having Peters. Of course, it could also get us Tutan Reyes, Bennie Anderson, Robert Royal and Peerless Price (Act II).

You're taking a big gamble assuming we don't swing and miss on any (let alone ALL) of the players we spend that money one. We have a talented player in one of the most important positions on football. He might be a headache, but the LT position since Will Wolford has been a fcking migraine.

Guest dog14787
Listen to the big dog bark! I like it :ph34r:

Also Buffaloed in PA and all I hear is Big Ben this, Big Ben that, ( hope Pushthepile doesn't read this), but I think Big Ben is a Big Goof ball and the big jerk even screwed me up on an argument I was having, so good grief Big Ben just go away. :rolleyes:

Also Buffaloed in PA and all I hear is Big Ben this, Big Ben that, ( hope Pushthepile doesn't read this), but I think Big Ben is a Big Goof ball and the big jerk even screwed me up on an argument I was having, so good grief Big Ben just go away. :thumbsup:

I hear ya. He sucks all game until it`s on the line and somehow with that babe Ruth running style of his,escapes and hits big plays. I don`t really know if he holds the ball too long or his line sucks that bad( which Stullar fans claim) but he`s going to get killed one of these times. Hasn`t moved or played as good since he did a face plant with that car. I wonder how that mouthpiece stays on those false teeth?

Also Buffaloed in PA and all I hear is Big Ben this, Big Ben that, ( hope Pushthepile doesn't read this), but I think Big Ben is a Big Goof ball and the big jerk even screwed me up on an argument I was having, so good grief Big Ben just go away. :thumbsup:

HaHaHa! I found you dog! Just joking, you give just as well as you take. :lol:

Guest dog14787
I hear ya. He sucks all game until it`s on the line and somehow with that babe Ruth running style of his,escapes and hits big plays. I don`t really know if he holds the ball too long or his line sucks that bad( which Stullar fans claim) but he`s going to get killed one of these times. Hasn`t moved or played as good since he did a face plant with that car. I wonder how that mouthpiece stays on those false teeth?

No doubt about it that he holds the ball to long, the big dummy, especially for the opposing defense, and he's like a big old oak tree and all you can do is pull on the branches.

Yup, and what holds his false teeth in his fat head I also wonder :thumbsup: