Great T-shirt for the new era...

Buftex

That's a violation of copyright law ("right to publicity" iirc) if I ever saw it. Dude should expect a cease-and-desist order right soon. You can't use someone's likeness, especially in a money-generating way, unless you have permission. Sports apparel companies pay big-time for that permission; any Tom, Dick or Harry printing T-shirts and then advertising them in such a manner is breaking the law.

EDIT: Anyone who orders one is asking to have their $ tied up for a while or pay for it and never get it after legal action is taken.

It's one thing to do that for Obama et al. who are public figures paid from the public till, or such fame or notoriety that they essentially forfeit their right to publicity (tho, they could well argue it in court if they wanted).

He's not quite Obama.

I'd buy one if it said "Diva", "QB Killa", "Sharpie", or "Drama".

You wouldn't know it around here! He hasn't even donned a Bills practice jersey yet, and he has already been proclaimed one half of the greatest receiving duo in Bills history...or at least the fifth best duo in the league right now... :blink:

That's a violation of copyright law ("right to publicity" iirc) if I ever saw it. Dude should expect a cease-and-desist order right soon. You can't use someone's likeness, especially in a money-generating way, unless you have permission. Sports apparel companies pay big-time for that permission; any Tom, Dick or Harry printing T-shirts and then advertising them in such a manner is breaking the law.

It's one thing to do that for Obama et al. who are public figures paid from the public till, or such fame or notoriety that they essentially forfeit their right to publicity (tho, they could well argue it in court if they wanted).

Okay...I won't buy one then.... :blink:

Im no lawyer but I think that if it's deemed to be satirical that you can pretty much do whatever you want. Satirical use of logos and such is protected along with free speech.

Then again I could be totally wrong.

EDIT: Anyone who orders one is asking to have their $ tied up for a while or pay for it and never get it after legal action is taken.

Are you an intellectual property lawyer?

I'm not totally sure you're correct. If there were Bills or NFL logos for sure. But a likeness not identifying the person? In addition it could be argued that he is a public figure and so it is in the public domain.

You probably know more than me on this but just my thoughts.

Agreed they are not very attractive regardless.

I'm not totally sure you're correct. If there were Bills or NFL logos for sure. But a likeness not identifying the person? In addition it could be argued that he is a public figure and so it is in the public domain.

You are correct. It is, in fact, an ugly shirt. They have the right idea though.

Would anyone buy a "Get your Buffalo Wings ready" or "Get your wings ready" t-shirts. I thought about designing some and setting up a website to sell them and maybe sell some on ebay too.

Boy, I would. Let me know where to send my account info.

No, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.