Father knows best

AP

Not many people foresaw the postwar difficulties the administration has endured in Iraq. Of the few who did, two stand out, both lions of the Republican Party.

One was President George H.W. Bush. The other was his secretary of state, James A. Baker.

"Incalculable human and political costs" would have been the result, the senior Bush has said, if his administration had pushed all the way to Baghdad and sought to overthrow Saddam Hussein after the U.S.-led coalition ousted the Iraqi army from Kuwait during the Persian Gulf war in 1991.

Advice for a previous war which applied to the latest one as well.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

We already KNOW this is the case... and THAT is why no matter what happens in the election, his father will ALWAYS BE considered to be a better president, even though he didn't get re-elected. At LEAST GHWB had a responsible foreign policy, even though I totally disagreed with his conservative domestic policies.

A worthy and noble veteran, I might add as well. Maybe he knew Vietnam was a freakin mess, and helped to keep his son out of it. hmmmm....

We already KNOW this is the case... and THAT is why no matter what happens in the election, his father will ALWAYS BE considered to be a better president, even though he didn't get re-elected. At LEAST GHWB had a responsible foreign policy, even though I totally disagreed with his conservative domestic policies.

A worthy and noble veteran, I might add as well. Maybe he knew Vietnam was a freakin mess, and helped to keep his son out of it. hmmmm....

7273[/snapback]

The 1st Bush was as prepared as anyone for the Presidency when elected. He had a solid background and had served 8 years as VP. I voted for him thinking he'd be a great President, but he lost me when he got in bed with the religious right.

The 1st Bush was as prepared as anyone for the Presidency when elected.  He had a solid background and had served 8 years as VP.  I voted for him thinking he'd be a great President, but he lost me when he got in bed with the religious right.

9562[/snapback]

When was that? What actions are examples of this?

Hey, I saw him do it once.  I think planes were flying into buildings or something.

9658[/snapback]

I said "read". Not "look at pictures".

(And if you get Tenny or any of the other window lickers started on the whole "seven minute goat story" thing, I'm coming over with a baseball bat...)

I said "read".  Not "look at pictures". 

(And if you get Tenny or any of the other window lickers started on the whole "seven minute goat story" thing, I'm coming over with a baseball bat...)

9661[/snapback]

Lotsa degrees. Not much common sense. You bring that Louisville Slugger. I'll be wielding a tactical 12 gauge sporting #1 buck.

Click.

Click.

BOOM

:D

AP

Advice for a previous war which applied to the latest one as well.

7140[/snapback]

Spoken like the true kitty of a president he turned out to be. Always the appeaser with no real spine to speak of and don't tell me the Gulf War took guts and leadership. Getting Saddam out of Kuwait was practically a military exercise. The right thing to do would have been to have gotten rid of/bring to justice the guy who started the whole thing in the first place. Pussies. All of them.

Not to mention 'Read my lips, no new taxes'. Hell Bush Sr made me vote for Clinton the first time, now I feel so dirty. Even if Jr loses, he's a better leader and president than his father was, and that ain't saying much, IMO.

Yo Bush Sr- :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: