All time biggest draft or free agent busts

For fun tell the board who you think the biggest bust is and why. For kicks also add the player that the team should have drafted or signed instead.

For me I really believe Leaf was the biggest bust especially since the Bolts gave up so much to get him (remember they traded with the Cards to flip flop picks - gave up second rounder and two players - one being a probowler - Eric Metcalf). While easy to say in retrospect they actually could have had Hasselbeck in round 6. While higher than he would have been rated Takeo Spikes could have been theirs in round one.

Hard to argue with Leaf...honrable mention are Lawerence Phillips (went from running over LB's to running over peeps in the street), Todd Marinovich (was supposed to be "bred" to be a QB), Charles Rogers, Akili Smith, and Mandarich.

Trying to think of the guys name, guess I could google it, but the one QB the Redskins picked up in round #1 a few years back. Last I heard he was selling cars in Knoxville, Kingsport, or Johnson City, Tennessee.

Heath Shuler is who you are thinking of...

What about when the colts had the number 1 and 2 overall and selected Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt. Emtman was a total bust and Coryatt was mediocre. That has to be one of the worst drafts of all time

lmao, I was thinking about the same thing...I doubt anyone (other than on a Madden game) will ever have the first 2 picks in the draft again... DOH :wallbash:

Trying to think of the guys name, guess I could google it, but the one QB the Redskins picked up in round #1 a few years back. Last I heard he was selling cars in Knoxville, Kingsport, or Johnson City, Tennessee.

That would be Heath Schuler now elected to Congress. He is actually a nice guy. I met him when I lived in Knoxville.

Heath Schuler

Michael Vick? They could have drafted Tomlinson...or Nate Clements :wallbash:

The Falcon's also gave up some draft picks to get him IIRC.

Hard to argue with Leaf...honrable mention are Lawerence Phillips (went from running over LB's to running over peeps in the street), Todd Marinovich (was supposed to be "bred" to be a QB), Charles Rogers, Akili Smith, and Mandarich.

Marinovich rode steroids to millions of dollars.

Heath Schuler and he's a congressman now.

What about when the colts had the number 1 and 2 overall and selected Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt. Emtman was a total bust and Coryatt was mediocre. That has to be one of the worst drafts of all time

I remember Mel Kiper got on them about the Emtman pick and the Dolts didn't like that much. :lol:

Whoever drafted Billy Joe Hobert.

Round Three (58th Pick) 1993 draft - he certainly was a bust but hard to argue that a third rounder makes the list especially when the number two picked that year was Rick Mirer a truly big bust.

btw - the Faiders picked Hobert

Indirectly...Peerless Price...not when we drafted him, but for Atlanta...they gave us a 1st round pick and then he went on to catch like 3 passes for the Falcons...LMAO...

Who did we get with the pick -- a clue -- a minor bust for the Bills ...

Willis MaGahee

Round Three (58th Pick) 1993 draft - he certainly was a bust but hard to argue that a third rounder makes the list especially when the number two picked that year was Rick Mirer a truly big bust.

I thought Anna Nicole was a bigger bust. I would have said Dolly Parton but her career has been respectable.

Monumental bust for the Bills anyway, given the (in)famous playbook scandal. I wonder which Burger King he manages these days.

Tony Manderich drafted by the Packers @ #3 I believe! Guy was supposed to be beast and was anything but!

Not quite;

With the first pick, in the first round of the 1972 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...............

Walt Patulski, DE Notre Dame :wallbash: nice guy that didn't want to hurt the QB and if that wasn't bad enough the Bills in the 3rd round selected Notre Dame's other DE Fred Swendsen. The pass rush was pretty much like we have today :bag: