How Many Think Marshawn Will Stay Out of Trouble For Three Years?

We all do stupid things when we are young. Even 3 years from now he'll still be just 25, and how many of us did stupid things more than once when we we're in our early 20's? He'll get counseling and eventually learn from his mistakes. So he smoked weed with his boyz in a black Mercedes with a loaded illegal firearm? It's all good... a victimless crime. We should also remember that there is a very good chance that if he was white nobody would care. I say, even if he does get into more trouble off the field why should we hold it against him? We have to have some compassion for a young guy from a tough neighborhood who hits it rich. Confusing times...besides, he issued an apology to the public through his lawyer, so why don't we accept it?

Time for everyone to chill...it's just Marshawn being Marshawn.

We all do stupid things when we are young?? That's right where I stopped reading. No, most of us are not victims of drive-bys, we don't do hit and runs, we are not caught smoking pot with concealed handguns, and we certainly don't have all 3 of those happen to us in a short span of 3 years.

As for the OPs question, no, he won't make it. He has already established a solid pattern of no respect for the law. But, I don't think he'll get thrown in jail. He has a good lawyer.

We all do stupid things when we are young?? That's right where I stopped reading. No, most of us are not victims of drive-bys, we don't do hit and runs, we are not caught smoking pot with concealed handguns, and we certainly don't have all 3 of those happen to us in a short span of 3 years.

As for the OPs question, no, he won't make it. He has already established a solid pattern of no respect for the law. But, I don't think he'll get thrown in jail. He has a good lawyer.

How is this related? You have a somewhat valid point, then you discredit yourself completely by throwing that in there.

I like the fact that they gave him probation. Now he knows that he can't do anything this time or he really will face the consequences.

I think it might also help our contract negotiations in the next round, if it ever gets to that. He'll have one year of probation left after his rookie contract expires.

They might (I'm almost positive they will) put a clause in his next contract that says if he screws up, they take his signing bonus back. Pretty sure Plax and the Gints are doing that right now.

Lets hope he's not like Hargrove and actually does his community service.

I like the fact that they gave him probation. Now he knows that he can't do anything this time or he really will face the consequences.

Let's hope.

But we are talking about a person who was kicked out of a bar for bringing in his own alcohol.

Multiple times.

One would think he would have figured he could not do that after the first time.

Punishing our nation's young black males has not stopped crime. What stops crime is dialogue, conversation, therapy and nurture...we should be celebrating each individuality not demanding conformity. Marshawn being Marshawn is what makes him special. He'll make more mistakes in all likelihood, but it is our job to give unconditional support for him when he uses unpopular judgment. That's why they call it "building character".

Let's hope.

But we are talking about a person who was kicked out of a bar for bringing in his own alcohol.

Multiple times.

One would think he would have figured he could not do that after the first time.

Good Christ. If sneaking alcohol into an establishment/sporting event was a crime, most us us here would be locked away for life. :wallbash:

How is this related? You have a somewhat valid point, then you discredit yourself completely by throwing that in there.

This is very related. Has someone shot at you while you were sitting in your car? I'm sure Marshawn was just sitting in his car "minding his own business" when a car appeared out of nowhere and began shooting at him. Right. Where there's smoke, there's fire. In light of his other run ins with the law (the ones where he has actually been caught), it's not hard to imagine that some shady dealings lead to him being shot at.

Good Christ. If sneaking alcohol into an establishment/sporting event was a crime, most us us here would be locked away for life. :wallbash:

A.) I never said sneaking alcohol into a bar was a crime, nor was I trying to imply it.

B.) What I was implying seems to be a pattern of repeated "stupidity". Mr. Lynch seems a little "dense" in understanding the concepts of good behavior, or at least putting on the appearance of good behavior.

And if cannot come to grips with the "good behavior" concept, the chance of him screwing up again (on something more serious) seems pretty high at this point.

Edited by Cynical

Punishing our nation's young black males has not stopped crime. What stops crime is dialogue, conversation, therapy and nurture...we should be celebrating each individuality not demanding conformity. Marshawn being Marshawn is what makes him special. He'll make more mistakes in all likelihood, but it is our job to give unconditional support for him when he uses unpopular judgment. That's why they call it "building character".

Wait, we should unconditionally support criminal activity? I agree with your statement on young black males, but what is one to do? Say, "well, you had a rough upbringing, so go ahead, break some laws." These things are best prevented, usually from a stable family life (that is, father around, not turning to gangs to be raised). But, due to his unfortunate upbringing, he certainly doesn't get a get out of jail for free pass. He doesn't need support, he needs the veteran black athletes speaking out against his actions and telling him to grow the hell up. Problem is, they're not exactly grown up either (see TO, Burress, etc.).

The other thing is, there are many black athletes in the NFL that had horrible childhoods, but the vast majority of black athletes in the NFL are great law-abiding citizens. Marshawn appears to be the exception because there are many Lee Evans and Langston Walkers in the NFL.