Anyone Using Geothermal Heating?

How long ago was that? Does that mean that the cost has come down recently or that there are other circumstances in your location (size of house, soil conditions, etc...) that bump that $10K number up by 20%? I'm sure one would pay more as an early adopter, but I can't imagine that anything but the equipment cost drop very dramatically over time.

About a year. And it's a "size of house" issue. My house requires the equivalent of a 5-ton.

I think if some neighbor or friend came by my newly built house and gave me sh-- about how "green" it is, Id boil a pot of water, shove his face it in and tell him to blow hard so I can make that switchover to Geotherm heating.

I think if some neighbor or friend came by my newly built house and gave me sh-- about how "green" it is, Id boil a pot of water, shove his face it in and tell him to blow hard so I can make that switchover to Geotherm heating.

Sounds like you're confused about what geothermal heating is, but that's ok because I didn't understand it either until yesterday. It seems that it's a heating technology that derives 70% of the its energy directly from the Earth, saving you lots of GREEN. It actually has nothing to do with shoving your face into a pot of boiling water and blowing hard, but I can see where you might think that.