Visitors all day at OBD but they all left with no contracts?

I read of several players visiting OBD all day, i.e. Kevin Jones, Cato June, DeShaun Foster, the LB from KC, and others but they all left with no contracts? That is where our money is going, on plane rides, meals, etc on these players only to pay to fly them back out with no contracts in their hands.

Ralph spending his money on tickets and meals doesn't affect the salary cap. :rolleyes: Unless you are ralphs son it is his money he is wasting.'

Guys it no different then any other job situation. They want to see all the offers and meet with all the teams interested in their services. I am sick of hearing " We let him get out of town". What are we suppose to do? The Bills aren't Don Corleone and these guys arent band leaders. They are looking for the right fit for them and their families. Dont we want intelligent guys on our Team? Guys who make wise decisions? Would you not see all the people that are interested in you? Who knows. They may go to the next team meet with them and like it better. Or they may not, and call the Bills up and negotiate a deal. I like the fact the Bills are bringing in the type of guys they are. Solid guys who have shown good ability in the scheme we play. They are going to make one or two more good FA signings.

What do you mean, What are we suppose to do? How about make a big enough offer to keep some of them instead of feeding them and watching them sign somewhere else. Not that difficult? Other teams do it all the time if they really want someone. We are the only team that if they do go by your suggestion, brings every available free agent in to check them out and send them on their way before we try to sign them. Have you ever heard "The early bird gets the worm?" Same thing here, it isn't rocket science.

Ralph spending his money on tickets and meals doesn't affect the salary cap. :rolleyes: Unless you are ralphs son it is his money he is wasting.'

The salary cap isn't money they give to you to spend-hello? It is Ralph's money that they spend on players, the salary cap is just a limit that they could spend, not that the Bills will ever come close to that limit. I never said anything about wasting salary cap space on meals, anyone that didn't wake up out of a coma in the last day or so knows that.

These are not campus visits by high school players looking for a free trip. They are pros looking to get paid as free agents. The Bills just don't seem to want to pony up for any of these guys. I think Cato would be a nice pick up at his asking price!

You are 100% correct, these are pros looking to get paid, and by visiting here and using us like a cheap whore, they can raise their value and get more from the team that they do go to.

I believe the lack of signings is a direct reflection of the incompetence of the front office. The players have at least interest in coming here by visiting here. They need $ to sign. It is very obvious the FO is running things on the cheap. In the past the Bills have sat on players until a deal has been worked out. By low-balling them it encourages them to leave.

What I am saying is not rocket-science but what many others are saying. Now the frustration is really getting to me.

The salary cap isn't money they give to you to spend-hello? It is Ralph's money that they spend on players, the salary cap is just a limit that they could spend, not that the Bills will ever come close to that limit.

Are you one hundred percent sure about this one??

Frankly, I'm surprised that June left without a deal. He's a perfect Cover 2 OLB. It almost makes too much sense. And at 29 he isn't quite over the hill yet. He fills a friggin big need. I don't get it.

We need to get bigger at LB, so June doesn't make a lot of sense. The idea with Mitchell was that he would make the LBs bigger, since he would be the weak side guy. He can't really cover that well and isn't great in space, so I wouldn't want him moved to the SLB. June would basically be a more experienced Ellison at the SLB spot.

What selling point are the Bills giving to these RB's that are visiting? Maybe, "you will get alot of action the first 2-4 games until our starter comes back from suspension they you will be a 3rd option"? Who is going to take that offer that has an option to play anywhere else?

I read of several players visiting OBD all day, i.e. Kevin Jones, Cato June, DeShaun Foster, the LB from KC, and others but they all left with no contracts? That is where our money is going, on plane rides, meals, etc on these players only to pay to fly them back out with no contracts in their hands.

Maybe some of them weren't impressed with who they met with from the Bills?? Talking a few mins with Jauron sure wouldn't get someone motivated to sign with them.