either we are gonna play more man defense

NewEra

we're #%^$ed.

a free agency scouting report i saw.

Weaknesses: As evidenced by his train wreck of a tenure in Jacksonville, Florence struggles mightily in zone coverage. He’s prone to locking in on his man, displaying poor recognition. He has trouble tracking the ball and making plays on it, primarily because he has difficulty keeping simultaneous tabs on the quarterback and the receiver he’s covering.

Risk factor: Moderate. Florence bombed out so badly in Jacksonville that it will be virtually impossible for him to attract as lucrative an offer as he received a year ago. Only a club intending on employing primarily man schemes should make a play for Florence, but as the Jaguars proved last season, intentions don’t guarantee anything.

Still, relatively young and healthy cornerbacks are in high demand, and Florence will have some general manager grinning after his signature. Represented by Drew Rosenhaus, Florence may be privy to another lucrative contract (although substantially less than a season ago). Whether or not he lives up to it remains to be seen.

How are we screwed? This is our nickel back

are you saying we paid about 3.3 million for a nickel back...wow, wonder how much the two starters are gonna make.

that's an awful lot for a back up.

are you saying we paid about 3.3 million for a nickel back...wow, wonder how much the two starters are gonna make.

that's an awful lot for a back up.

3.3 is nothing if he resumes playing as he did in S.D. -- he is one bad yr., bad fit, from being a 6 mil a yr. man.

Most of the time the Nickel corner, even in zone, will still have to use man tendencies. He just had trouble with no real safety help over the top when he covered on the outside. In the Nickel, he'd have Donte over him and McGee will probably move inside.

I see him as the 4th or 5th CB and if he plays well (like in SD) he can move up. 3.3 isn't bad for a guy thought of to be one of the top CB in FA last year btw.

McGee

McLovin

Boty

Florence

Corner

$3.3 million per year IS bad for a 4th or 5th cornerback. Really bad. If Florence is anything less than the first DB off the bench, this signing is full of fail. $3.3mil is probably about right for a nickel back, but I'd have preferred to fill that hole cheaper with Youboty and Corner.

$3.3 million per year IS bad for a 4th or 5th cornerback. Really bad. If Florence is anything less than the first DB off the bench, this signing is full of fail. $3.3mil is probably about right for a nickel back, but I'd have preferred to fill that hole cheaper with Youboty and Corner.

Trust me, he's the nickelback.

Trust me, he's the nickelback.

Tim Graham wrote yesterday that he thinks:

"Florence will help the Bills bridge the gap from Greer to Leodis McKelvin. The No. 11 draft pick last year possesses an abundance of raw ability, but the Bills aren't quite ready to entrust the right cornerback job to him."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-15/...with-Greer.html

I was a little puzzled with this myself...I thought McKelvin more than proved himself last year, but hey Timmy knows what he's talking about