If you could go back 5 years & draft anyone you wanted...

SKOOBY

I just did 2 years but man look at what we could've have.

#14-(No Beldsoe trade)-WR-Anquan Boldin

#23-CB-Nnamdi Asomugha

#48-DE-Osi Umenyiora

#94-LB-Angelo Crowell

#111-CB-Asante Samuel

#127-DE-Robert Mathis

#151-C-Dan Koppen

#187-TE-Antonio Gates

#228-QB-Tony Romo

#13-DT-Vince Wilfork

#22-RB-Steven Jackson

#74-TE-Chris Cooley

#109-DE-Jared Allen

#207-WR-Wes Welker

Still get Jason Peters as UDFA

Mike Nugent. Our problems would be solved if we'd have got him in the first.

2005 - I trade away Rounds 2, 3 and 5th to get another 1 in 2006

4th Round - Jason Brown over Duke Preston

This might be the worst draft class ever.

1a) Cutler - Because Schaab turned out to be crap for us.

1b) Ngata

1c) taken from the trade of the 2005 picks D'Qwell Jackson

3) Owen Daniels

This response is based on players we could have drafted but passed on; 2007 & 2008 are too early to tell

2003: Rd1 Dallas Clark, Rd 2 Osi Umenyoira, Rd 5 David Diehl or Dan Koppen, Rd 6 Cato June

2004: Year of Losman! Rd 1 don't make the trade. Rd 3 Benard Berrian, Rd 4 Jarred Allen.

2005: Hangover from bad trade ugh! Rd 4 Chris Canty, Rd 5 Michael Boley, Rd 6 Chris Kemoeatu

2006: Rd 1 Haloti Ngata, Rd 1B Demeco Ryans, Rd 4 Brandon Marshall, Rd 7 Colston

2008- Joe Flacco/Desean Jackson

2007- Darrelle Revis/LaMarr Woodley/Ray McDonald

2006- Antonio Cromartie /Nick Mangold/Jerrious Norwood/Brandon Marshall

2005- Heath Miller/Channing Crowder/Kyle Orton/Jason Brown

2004- Steven Jackson/Bob Sanders/Michael Turner/Max Starks/Ernest Wilford

These picks were made per our actual draft position with intention of adding them to the 2009 roster pre-FA and draft. We would lose Evans, ML, McKelvin, Edwards, Poz etc.

Who would take and why??

First Round Picks of the past 5 drafts:

2004: Bills took Lee Evans #13: I would have drafted Vince Wilfork who went #21 to the Pats, instead.

2004: Bills traded their second round pick in this draft, plus their first round pick in 2005 with Dallas, to get back into the first round to draft J.P. Lost-man #22: I would have kept my second round pick and drafted Bob Sanders #43, who went to the Colts at #44, instead.

2005: Bills had no first round pick from the 2004 Lost-man trade to Dallas. With my first round pick in 2005, I would have drafted: Shawne Merriman #11, who went to the Chargers at #12, instead.

2006: Bills took Donte Whitner #8. I would have drafted Jay Cutler, who went #11 to the Broncos, instead.

2007: Bills took Marshawn Lynch #12, I like the kid, and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I'll stick with Marshawn Lynch.

2008: Bills took Leodis McKelvin #11, I would have drafted Branden Albert, who went #15 to the Chiefs, (and started at left tackle for them from game 1), instead.

Bob Sanders went too early for us to get him, but I would have done anything for him. We missed the boat by not picking Ngata.

We also could have paid for Wes Whelker.

I nullified the trade up with Dallas for JP which gave us back our #2 and the following years #1. I believe Sanders was available. (I could be wrong, I could have been looking at Dallas' own pick)

Lee, ML, Whitner, Edwards, Poz were all decent picks at the time. As someone else stated, it's difficult to assess the '07 and '08 class so soon.