Felser's all-time Bills list revised by "the Skycap"

I like the majority of his list, but there are a few exceptions I would like to mention. At cornerback, Nate Odomes should be on the team. He was our shutdown CB during the Super Bowl years and should get the nod over Robert James. Henry Jones should get the nod at safety over Steve Freeman. Talk about a ballhawk, Jones was an INT waiting to happen. Mark Pike should be included to the special teams. When Tasker wasn't making the play, Mark Pike was. Finally, outside linebacker. Who was better than blitzing from the outside than "Biscuit".

Not trying to be a smart ass, but did you ever see Robert James play? He was the original shut down corner. Best corner I saw in the history of the Bills. I was at the game when he blew out his knee; what a shame. As always, just my two cents.

I've never seen James play, but is old enough to remember Steve Freeman and he was not the ballhawk/playmaker Henry Jones was.

James would absolutely blanket a receiver. He never needed help in coverage. It is a shame you didn't get to see him, you missed one of the best ever.

I've never seen James play, but is old enough to remember Steve Freeman and he was not the ballhawk/playmaker Henry Jones was.

Henry Jones was a great player but I wouldn't call him a ballhawk. He had one great year intercepting passes to my recollection. He was great shutting down the opponents TE. I remember when he replaced Leonard Smith in the superbowl due to injury and did well from that point on.

I like the majority of his list, but there are a few exceptions I would like to mention. At cornerback, Nate Odomes should be on the team. He was our shutdown CB during the Super Bowl years and should get the nod over Robert James. Henry Jones should get the nod at safety over Steve Freeman. Talk about a ballhawk, Jones was an INT waiting to happen. Mark Pike should be included to the special teams. When Tasker wasn't making the play, Mark Pike was. Finally, outside linebacker. Who was better than blitzing from the outside than "Biscuit".

Robert James was the best corner the Bills ever had. He was the Man.

James was the best. In the list following I'm surprised I'm not hearing Butch Byrd's name. He was one hell of a corner on the championship team. I also can't believe George Saimes doesn't come up for discussion. I saw all of them play and I think some of the true champions of the early years are being missed. However James is and was head and shoulders over all cornerbacks ever to play for the bills.

Whoa...Booker Edgerson had one of the greatest plays in the history of football in running down Lance Alworth while Curt Gowdy was calling Lance the fastest man in football, but he played in the same era as Byrd and I don't think anyone who went through those years would put Edgerson above Byrd. Otherwise I'd have to say that its a pretty good all time team he has come up with. I like that he gave kudos to a couple of very valuable runner ups as well.

I like the majority of his list, but there are a few exceptions I would like to mention. At cornerback, Nate Odomes should be on the team. He was our shutdown CB during the Super Bowl years and should get the nod over Robert James

I stopped here. Odomes was a very good CB...James was unbelievable. They aren't even from the same planet, as far as CBs go.

It's be real nice if these sort of posts included a link.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...336/1007/SPORTS

Your link goes to Bob Matthews' column, not Felser's.

So, wait. Matthews leads his column with something SOMEBODY ELSE WROTE?!? And merely lists the players, without commenting on any of them? Of course, since I don't think he's been in the press box at a Bills game in 20 years, maybe he doesn't recognize some of the names.

D&C management got rid of their best writer, Scott Pitoniak, and this guy still has a job? Really? Unf^%$&ingbelievable. Better buy a few more rolls of stamps before the price goes up, Mr. Matthews, so you can keep mailing it in.

Your link goes to Bob Matthews' column, not Felser's.

So, wait. Matthews leads his column with something SOMEBODY ELSE WROTE?!? And merely lists the players, without commenting on any of them? Of course, since I don't think he's been in the press box at a Bills game in 20 years, maybe he doesn't recognize some of the names.

D&C management got rid of their best writer, Scott Pitoniak, and this guy still has a job? Really? Unf^%$&ingbelievable. Better buy a few more rolls of stamps before the price goes up, Mr. Matthews, so you can keep mailing it in.

Yeah, that's par for the course for that joke of a "journalist." All he ever does is just comment on what other sports writers have to say basically. I love how every year he buys a bunch of NFL season preview magazines, adds up all of their predictions and then writes a column based on everyone else's opinions combined.

When I lived in Rochester, I could have swore the first 30 minutes of his terrible radio show was opening up the sports page of the D&C and just reading it on the air.

You can also tell the man has a severe gambling problem and probably hasn't been laid since the original Woodstock.

I remember Pike pressuring Steve Young on the game-clinching incomplete pass in our no-punts game which we beat them back in the day.