Greer to visit bucs

Um, did anybody see what Miami's Andre Goodman signed at?? http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11815119

This guy had three more interceptions than Jabari Greer last year and isn't much older. This should (although it probably won't) bring the FA market for cornerbacks (especially those who play in a zone (see: David, Jason)) back down to reality. I'd have no problem offering Greer the same deal, even if this guy outplayed Greer this season.

Um, did anybody see what Miami's Andre Goodman signed at?? http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11815119

This guy had three more interceptions than Jabari Greer last year and isn't much older. This should (although it probably won't) bring the FA market for cornerbacks (especially those who play in a zone (see: David, Jason)) back down to reality. I'd have no problem offering Greer the same deal, even if this guy outplayed Greer this season.

Yeah, but Goodman is 31 years old and likely only has about 2 good years left to play the CB position at a starting level in the NFL. Greer, on the other hand, just turned 27 and has his best years as a player in front of him barring a serious injury. About 5 or 6 good years possibly. I'm not for throwing $8 million in his lap, but i'd give him an offer for 5 years $27.5 million with $12 million gauranteed. If some one outbids that, so be it. It would also give us some freedom in the McGee situation. McGee is a solid CB, but I haven't ever really thought he was a #1 CB like Clements was for our team. McGee was great as a starter on the opposing team's #2 guy, but he's had his struggles against the #1 WR's. He's good, but he's aging and going to command ALOT of money next year. Maybe we should push a little harder for Greer and try to get something for McGee in return before he flies the preverbial OBD coup. I'm not saying that Greer is better by any means, but Greer should continue to improve as a player. McKelvin is going to be very good, if not great IMO. By year 3, I think he will be top 5 in the NFL. Do we try to sign the younger improving Greer for 5 years then try to trade McGee or try to sign McGee to a bigger money deal to keep him for 3 or 4 more years and let Jabari walk? It's a tough situation for our FO I believe.

Yeah, but Goodman is 31 years old and likely only has about 2 good years left to play the CB position at a starting level in the NFL. Greer, on the other hand, just turned 27 and has his best years as a player in front of him barring a serious injury. About 5 or 6 good years possibly. I'm not for throwing $8 million in his lap, but i'd give him an offer for 5 years $27.5 million with $12 million gauranteed. If some one outbids that, so be it. It would also give us some freedom in the McGee situation. McGee is a solid CB, but I haven't ever really thought he was a #1 CB like Clements was for our team. McGee was great as a starter on the opposing team's #2 guy, but he's had his struggles against the #1 WR's. He's good, but he's aging and going to command ALOT of money next year. Maybe we should push a little harder for Greer and try to get something for McGee in return before he flies the preverbial OBD coup. I'm not saying that Greer is better by any means, but Greer should continue to improve as a player. McKelvin is going to be very good, if not great IMO. By year 3, I think he will be top 5 in the NFL. Do we try to sign the younger improving Greer for 5 years then try to trade McGee or try to sign McGee to a bigger money deal to keep him for 3 or 4 more years and let Jabari walk? It's a tough situation for our FO I believe.

both are gone and we draft a 1st round ohio st cb in the 2010 draft...mark my words

I see greer as one of the best cover corners in the game. He couldnt tackle a stuffed animal onto his bed, but neither could deion sanders. I was hoping we would pay him and not McGee in the future. If Youboty improves as much as he did before he got hurt last year, this discussion might be of less significance.