Just when you thought it couldn't get uglier...

Mickey

I'm not trying to be condescending at all.  You're just disappointed that I didn't take your bait.  I don't support what Michael Moore is doing, period.  In other words I agree with you.

And no, I'm not "happy" that he's doing it.  Again, sorry to disappoint you.  I'm sure you're not happy about some of the GOP dirty tricks, as in those armed police officers posted in Florida in predominantly poor, black precincts where people fear, not trust, police?  But I can't do anything about either one, just hope that in the end justice will prevail.

And when one heaves a big sigh over potential election litigation, one has to remember who opened the election litigation Pandora's box in 2000.  It may not be pleasant, but it's a fact - it's amazing how many people either don't understand that or have conveniently forgotten.

95542[/snapback]

Don't be puerile. Yes, at the county level, that county's GOP'ers put forth a suit. Followed hours later as you know, by the onslaught from the Dem's. Don't try to represent otherwise.

But to bait. I made a statement. What is it that goes on in your mind, that translates to some sort of ominous force that causes you to perceive attack? I'd suggest medication, but I am sure that you would blame Bush for not coercing Congress to give it to you for free...

BTW, how come almost all Democratic Congressmen voted to extend tax cuts, and none of them did a thing to renew the "assault weapon" ban? Are they hypocrites? Liars? Phonies?

What say you?

I received a recorded message from the Democrat candidate running against the Republic  incumbent for congress last week.  The Dem's message was that incumbent wanted a national sales tax and wanted to implement the draft. Both charges are false.

On the other side, there is a race betweeen the former mayor of KC going against a lady who's husband is CEO of Cerner. I heard one of her ads this morning that was just flat out lying about her opponent. I watched part of her debate and really, she had no clue. If she gets elected, it's because she's a millionare.

But the best one is from the girlfriend of one of my son's cooworkers. She is liberal, by the way. She was handed a flyer that said," GWB wants your grandmother to get the flu and die." No kidding.

95412[/snapback]

I read the Republican Party platform and though they clearly are in favor of the flu, I think they are against death although they are not willing to fund any anti-death efforts. You know, unfunded mandates and all. :D

Don't be puerile. Yes, at the county level, that county's GOP'ers put forth a suit.  Followed hours later as you know, by the onslaught from the Dem's. Don't try to represent otherwise.

But to bait. I made a statement. What is it that goes on in your mind, that translates to some sort of ominous force that causes you to perceive attack?  I'd suggest medication, but I am sure that you would blame Bush for not coercing Congress to give it to you for free...

BTW, how come almost all Democratic Congressmen voted to extend tax cuts, and none of them did a thing to renew the "assault weapon" ban? Are they hypocrites? Liars? Phonies?

What say you?

95588[/snapback]

I say that I'm having trouble figuring out your point, and am not going to bother. Last I read this thread was about election dirty tricks, not the dawn of partisan politics. And who brought up assault weapons?

Were you attacking me? I didn't think so, merely that you were trying to get a rise out of me. So sorry to disappoint you. It's pretty silly that by AGREEING with you, you become irritated.

Bush v Gore means Bush is the plaintiff, meaning Bush filed the suit. So what I meant when addressing the comment that I took to be exasperation at the thought of prolonged litigation, was that perhaps had the precedent not been set in 2000 we wouldn't be looking at it again. And that precedent was set because Bush initiated the litigation. So if that irritates people they have the 2000 Bush campaign to blame.

I read the Republican Party platform and though they clearly are in favor of the flu, I think they are against death although they are not willing to fund any anti-death efforts.  You know, unfunded mandates and all. :D

95661[/snapback]

I thought the Republicans were the party of death. Aren't they the ones that favor assault weapons and capital punishment?

I say that I'm having trouble figuring out your point, and am not going to bother.  Last I read this thread was about election dirty tricks, not the dawn of partisan politics.  And who brought up assault weapons?

Were you attacking me?  I didn't think so, merely that you were trying to get a rise out of me.  So sorry to disappoint you.  It's pretty silly that by AGREEING with you, you become irritated. 

Bush v Gore means Bush is the plaintiff, meaning Bush filed the suit. So what I meant when addressing the comment that I took to be exasperation at the thought of prolonged litigation, was that perhaps had the precedent not been set in 2000 we wouldn't be looking at it again.  And that precedent was set because Bush initiated the litigation.  So if that irritates people they have the 2000 Bush campaign to blame.

95673[/snapback]

Yeah, because it'd never have ended up in court, otherwise. :D