It's not often that you have to talk smack

Hasn't happened to me...

94870[/snapback]

I somehow missed it too. :)

I agree with Paco, their losing only has an effect on you when you allow it to. The Ravens game excluded, all of their games have been exciting and entertaining. That's all they "owe" me. Winning is a helluva lot more fun because it's a bonus, not an expectation. Maybe us "old farts" remember the 70's and 80's well enough to appreciate a competitive game, win or lose.

I somehow missed it too. :)

I agree with Paco, their losing only has an effect on you when you allow it to.  The Ravens game excluded, all of their games have been exciting and entertaining.  That's all they "owe" me.  Winning is a helluva lot more fun because it's a bonus, not an expectation.  Maybe us "old farts" remember the 70's and 80's well enough to appreciate a competitive game, win or lose.

94889[/snapback]

Well said.

TKO got a fifteen yarder for that celebration but TO's dance doesnt get one...... was the rule not made up mainly because of TO???

94878[/snapback]

I don't really understand either, but I think some of it had to do with timing & the nature of the 2 games.

TKO's was early in the game & 2 scrub teams were playing.

Could the penalty have changed the outcome of the game? Doubtful

TO's was late in a close game & 2 play-off-caliber teams were playing.

Could the penalty have changed the outcome of the game? Quite possibly

Still no excuse for inconsistency, IMO just let them play & have fun.

Winning is a helluva lot more fun because it's a bonus, not an expectation. Maybe us "old farts" remember the 70's and 80's well enough to appreciate a competitive game, win or lose.

Some of us "younger farts" appreciate competitive games too and at least remember the 80s. But we do expect to wax teams in our house, like we did on Sunday.