What will Cash-To-Cap mean in an uncapped year?

They'll work something out before then.

Yup. There are so many unfavorable conditions form a player's perspective tied to the uncapped year that there will be a new deal in place.

And while not explicitly stating it, lots of teams do not spend $ over the given cap in any year. They were discussing this on the NFL network the other day.

Yup. There are so many unfavorable conditions form a player's perspective tied to the uncapped year that there will be a new deal in place.

And while not explicitly stating it, lots of teams do not spend $ over the given cap in any year. They were discussing this on the NFL network the other day.

Most teams in fact.

The mythical uncapped year would negatively effect the bottom line of at least 2/3rds of the NFL franchises, and wouldn't really be a huge benefit to the union rank & file (it would be great for the big name guys).

Most teams in fact.

The mythical uncapped year would negatively effect the bottom line of at least 2/3rds of the NFL franchises, and wouldn't really be a huge benefit to the union rank & file (it would be great for the big name guys).

Can't say about the NFLPA - but my experience with UAW membership, and having lived in PGH when big steel went under, was that union solidarity and brotherhood was tossed into the ditch if it came to the high-timers having to sacrifice roughly 50 cents per hour, to keep their sons and daughters on the job. :rolleyes:

I know no one in sports seems to affected but you do realize we are in a pretty bad economic recession? All the companies that buy luxury boxes and TV advertising are all on the verge of bankruptcy. So where does this unlimited stream of money come from? I doubt this will be over before 2010.

PTR

I think that in the uncapped year, veterans can't receive more than a 25% raise.

Yeah, there is something like that. Teams will also be allowed to have more franchise tags. There are incentives for both sides to go to the bargaining table.

Anyway, just thought I'd try to start of topic that wasn't "Player X signs with another team; we're doomed!" :rolleyes:

Yeah, there is something like that. Teams will also be allowed to have more franchise tags. There are incentives for both sides to go to the bargaining table.

Anyway, just thought I'd try to start of topic that wasn't "Player X signs with another team; we're doomed!" :lol:

From what i have read,

1. teams will have 3 transition tags but still only 1 franchise tag

2. Players are RFAs until they hit 6 years of service...this even goes for 4 year players who were UFAs this season...they would revert back to RFA status

3. Vet raises are capped

4. Playoff teams cannot sign as many FAs as non-playoff teams

I think an uncapped system might not be the end of the world. The CBA has rules built into the uncapped year that could really help the bills. All players under six years of experience are considered to be restricted free agents. That means who ever we draft will be at least a bill for six years, or we would receieve compensation for the player. That rule would also keep players with under six years of service at a smaller sallary.