freddy vs fred

Certainly the Bills could get Jackson very cheaply over the next 2 years, and on paper it would seem like a great way to go. But Jackson wouldn't be happy, and it would be a really classless move by this organization.

On the other hand, what Bills fan doesn't like Fred Jackson on some level? If this organization signs Fred to a four year deal (and I tend to agree with Fred in that he hasn't played that much football for his age and has plenty left in the tank) it would at least demonstrate that this organization has the ability to act in the fans' and team's best interest.

Jackson has certainly shown he can succeed and be an asset at the NFL level. He seems like a pretty reasonable guy so I'd bet his salary demands are not unreasonable.

The only reason I think the Bills brought Taylor in is they're worried about Lynch suspension and a potential Jackson holdout? Other than one of them getting injured or flushing Lynch, what else could you tell Taylor?

I can't see them giving up on Lynch. He's too young and too good. He does give back to the community so at this point he needs his momma to yank him by the ear and smack him around a bit. 4 game suspension also probably.

What the hell are they doing with Peters? They've made their point already, it's 2009.

thats not the point.

It's about being rewarded fairly in comparison to the people you work with.

$460K is an insult in this profession, specially considering the production that Fred Jackson brings to the table.

I hope they do the right thing and offer him a multi year contract

Blame it on the union which insists on the scale and teams paying as much as they have to for players who have little experience.

I too hope they can work a deal with Jackson but not if he insists to doing a Peters and hold out.

It's very likely that Jackson will have a new multi-year contract before the season starts.

They tendered him so he could be put on the back burner until free agency and the draft are over.

Presently they can only address a certain amount of tasks in a compressed schedule. He'll be taken care of when the smoke clears.

Anyone think the RFAs will receive a tender by tomorrow 4pm?

George Wilson

Gibran Hamdan

Keith Ellison

I know Hamdan his agent was working on a deal with the Bills (info from the horse his mouth) and kffl reported on on 4th that the Bills were eager to retain him (source Chris Brown).

Realisticly I can see the Bills let him slip into UFA and sign him on a future contract (to allow for changes on the QB front as in draftwise and wornout overthetop oldtimer QB).