Kudos to Ironworkers Local 7

The Avenger

There's not enough good said about Unions and their Members. Like it or not, Union Members built most of the infrastructure of this country and the economy. Where would Buffalo be without Steel, Autos, and Shipping?

Good for the IronWorkers!!

Heck... Where would the COUNTRY have been without places like BFLO? What I am pointing to is the role BFLO during the wars (WWI and WWII). Especially WWII, with the influx of workers to area. People forget the mass influx that took place during that era and how all indusrty was federally controlled and regulated down to who can be hired or fired. The sad part about this story is how the region was kicked to the curb not unlike kicking a returning veteran to the curb. ^_^:lol:

There's not enough good said about Unions and their Members. Like it or not, Union Members built most of the infrastructure of this country and the economy. Where would Buffalo be without Steel, Autos, and Shipping?

Problem is that too much of a good thing becomes bad. This sword has cut both ways. The problem with some of the unions is that they allowed a small percentage of their leadership and membership to use greed, ambition and even stupidity to lead them in the wrong direction. I've worked with and sat across the table from many decent people over the years at either arbitrations or negotiations. problem is that I can also say that the same is true for idiots who could have cared less about the people they supposedly "represented."