Attorney General Eric Holder:

UBinVA

Holder could be president tomorrow.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Attorney General Eric Holder will be the cabinet member not attending President Obama’s speech tonight to Congress in the House chamber for security reasons, a Justice Department official tells CNN.

The official said Holder will be staying at an undisclosed location.

By tradition, one cabinet member does not attend such speeches in case of disaster, since so many other government leaders are vulnerable in one place. Customarily, the absent official is a member of the national security team.

Holder could be president tomorrow.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Attorney General Eric Holder will be the cabinet member not attending President Obama’s speech tonight to Congress in the House chamber for security reasons, a Justice Department official tells CNN.

The official said Holder will be staying at an undisclosed location.

By tradition, one cabinet member does not attend such speeches in case of disaster, since so many other government leaders are vulnerable in one place. Customarily, the absent official is a member of the national security team.

I saw that, Obama prob didn't want the distraction from the big night all about him.

And here is why people are cowards.

The NY Post ran a cartoon that many found offensive, Murdoch HIMSELF issued a contrite apology and its STILL not enough for the grievance mongers and race hustlers who are out for blood.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/...0,4121997.story

So Holder....why WOULD anyone want to "discuss race" when you step one inch "out of line" and there is literally an angry mob outside your door looking to destroy you? And worse...destroy you in the name of "justice."

So Holder....why WOULD anyone want to "discuss race" when you step one inch "out of line" and there is literally an angry mob outside your door looking to destroy you? And worse...destroy you in the name of "justice."

So you agree that the cartoon was out of line and racial? And they don't want to destroy anyone, just hold them accountable for their actions. They should have apologized at the start, instead of waiting until they felt they had to do damage control.

One thing that I haven't seen reported much that puts the cartoon in a different context is that on the opposite page of the Post cartoon was a story about "Obama's stimulus program". In light of that, it's easier to understand why people would think the cartoon was referencing Obama.

So you agree that the cartoon was out of line and racial? And they don't want to destroy anyone, just hold them accountable for their actions. They should have apologized at the start, instead of waiting until they felt they had to do damage control.

One thing that I haven't seen reported much that puts the cartoon in a different context is that on the opposite page of the Post cartoon was a story about "Obama's stimulus program". In light of that, it's easier to understand why people would think the cartoon was referencing Obama.

Are you that stupid? The monkey was not meant to be Obama. That was his point, and you just don't get it. They never should have had to apologize period. The cartoon was turned into Obama as a monkey, but that wasn't the point at all.

That's why you can't discuss race, because everything is racial and everything is discrimination. That's cowardly. Cowards hide behind labels and don't discuss issues. Discussing issues expose your intellect to weaknesses, and people know that, so they hide behind labels knowing they are unassailable because people are dumber today than ever before, so why debate when all you have to do is say you're "fill-in politically-correct statement here".

Are you that stupid? The monkey was not meant to be Obama. That was his point, and you just don't get it. They never should have had to apologize period. The cartoon was turned into Obama as a monkey, but that wasn't the point at all.

That's why you can't discuss race, because everything is racial and everything is discrimination. That's cowardly. Cowards hide behind labels and don't discuss issues. Discussing issues expose your intellect to weaknesses, and people know that, so they hide behind labels knowing they are unassailable because people are dumber today than ever before, so why debate when all you have to do is say you're "fill-in politically-correct statement here".

It doesn't matter what was meant, what matters is what was perceived. And many people perceived it to be a racist comment due to the history of comparing blacks to monkeys. It was a lack of sensitivity and/or knowledge of history by the editors of the Post to not be smart enough to recognize the uproar it would cause. As a white person I am in no position to tell blacks what should or shouldn't offend them, and neither are you if you're not black.

The argument about whether or not it was racist is not germane to the discussion about its ramifications.

And youre wrong. The Post apologized less than 48 hours later, the "mob" did not disperse and then Murdoch HIMSELF apologized today...and the "mob" STILL did not accept it.

And could you please stop being so damned phony? They want the Post and Murdoch to be sanctioned by the FCC and force him to maybe sell one of his media holdings in NYC. Youre talking an effort that could result in transactions worth tens of millions of dollars. Over a cartoon???!!!?? Thats not a BIT punitive in your eyes?

Of course not. Becuase its not "your guy" on the receiving line.

Lets do an excersise:

Swap out NY Post with HBO/Bill Maher.

Swap out Obama with Palin.

Swap out "monkey cartoon" with Maher calling Palin a "waitress." And mind you that comment was made ONE DAY after her speech at the RNC.

And swap out NAACP/Sharpton with NOW. I know this is an impossibility, given Palin wasnt a libera,l but stay with me.

GOT IT? OK.....

WHAT WOULD YOUR REACTION BE IF NOW WENT AFTER HBO THE WAY SHARPTON/NAACP IS GOING AFTER NY POST????

BE HONEST.

The argument about whether or not it was racist is not germane to the discussion about its ramifications.

And youre wrong. The Post apologized less than 48 hours later, the "mob" did not disperse and then Murdoch HIMSELF apologized today...and the "mob" STILL did not accept it.

And could you please stop being so damned phony? They want the Post and Murdoch to be sanctioned by the FCC and force him to maybe sell one of his media holdings in NYC. Youre talking an effort that could result in transactions worth tens of millions of dollars. Over a cartoon???!!!?? Thats not a BIT punitive in your eyes?

Of course not. Becuase its not "your guy" on the receiving line.

Lets do an excersise:

Swap out NY Post with HBO/Bill Maher.

Swap out Obama with Palin.

Swap out "monkey cartoon" with Maher calling Palin a "waitress." And mind you that comment was made ONE DAY after her speech at the RNC.

And swap out NAACP/Sharpton with NOW. I know this is an impossibility, given Palin wasnt a libera,l but stay with me.

GOT IT? OK.....

WHAT WOULD YOUR REACTION BE IF NOW WENT AFTER HBO THE WAY SHARPTON/NAACP IS GOING AFTER NY POST????

BE HONEST.

Personally I thought it was just a really stupid cartoon and then forgot about it.

But now that you mention stupid reactionary bull sh-- ... maybe the GOP has taught people a lesson the past 12 years or so. Seems to me that there was a HUGE flap not that long about about PIGS and LIPSTICK...

Doesn't make it right - I say drop the cartoon thing, it's dumb. And forget the pig too.

It doesn't matter what was meant, what matters is what was perceived. And many people perceived it to be a racist comment due to the history of comparing blacks to monkeys. It was a lack of sensitivity and/or knowledge of history by the editors of the Post to not be smart enough to recognize the uproar it would cause. As a white person I am in no position to tell blacks what should or shouldn't offend them, and neither are you if you're not black.

So every perception of racism should be thought of before every objective action? And Holder calls people cowards for wanting to talk race when race is never talked by angry blacks except screaming at others every time there is a perception of race that is disagreeable? It seems you don't understand your own argument or the defense of Holder for that matter.

If Holder is right, and there is cowardice, why didn't he grant the same cowardice to those who use labels instead of debate ideas? Why can't the idea be debated and not the perception? Why can't we discuss black crime or black groups as a fact higher than white crime without the same labels of race? Why is it every time someone mentions facts about race it is de facto racism?

It seems Holder and you don't understand that the projection of labels over debating ideas is more a problem of the "left" than the people they accuse. How can one debate race, sexuality, or other social matters without an "ist" or "phobe" next to your name instead of honest discussion?

Maybe you forget that those who perceive racism, instead of objective racism, are racists by their very nature, as real racism is the collectivizing of individuals into a color or belief that is unfair, and that to project things onto a race or belief through stereotypes is in fact racism itself? Don't worry, I know you don't realize your own position very well, nor does Holder for not calling out the people who protested the cartoon as racists.

In other words: while Obama is in office, it's wrong to make jokes about monkeys, because they might be mistaken for jokes about Obama.

That's !@#$ed up.