This is supposed to make everyone happy

Hiring Nix was a good move for the front office. They lacked talent evaluators and he adds a wealth of experience in that area.

I'm a big critic of the front office, but there's no way anyone can complain about hiring someone with a solid track record. IMO, this move, along with involving Modrak in personnel decisions is a demonstration that DJ's decisions were poor ones.

Hiring Nix is also somewhat of a compromise to not having a real GM. Sure, Brandon is the "COO" but he has no power as evidenced by DJ's retention. All in all, Nix is better than not having him.

Hiring Nix was a good move for the front office. They lacked talent evaluators and he adds a wealth of experience in that area.

I'm a big critic of the front office, but there's no way anyone can complain about hiring someone with a solid track record. IMO, this move, along with involving Modrak in personnel decisions is a demonstration that DJ's decisions were poor ones.

Hiring Nix is also somewhat of a compromise to not having a real GM. Sure, Brandon is the "COO" but he has no power as evidenced by DJ's retention. All in all, Nix is better than not having him.

I think hiring Nix is a good move as well. I lived in San Diego from 2002 - 2006 and saw the Chargers play regularly to include the Bills getting blown out in 2005(?). Anyway, the Chargers during that time drafted a number of good players to include LB Merriman, RB/KR Sproles, and DT Castillo who are all good players. There are other good players that were drafted by Nix and he appears to evaluate talent pretty well.

I think hiring Nix is a good move as well. I lived in San Diego from 2002 - 2006 and saw the Chargers play regularly to include the Bills getting blown out in 2005(?). Anyway, the Chargers during that time drafted a number of good players to include LB Merriman, RB/KR Sproles, and DT Castillo who are all good players. There are other good players that were drafted by Nix and he appears to evaluate talent pretty well.

Getting a first round pick is almost necessary. But finding starting grade players in later rounds is imperative for small market teams. SD has been doing that for a few years and always finds guys in the mid rounds.

Since TD took over, there haven't been a great deal of middle round (3rd-5th) guys who are good NFL starters. TD had Jennings, McGee, Crowell to show for from 5 drafts. Levy/Jauron/Brandon show Edwards, K. Williams, and Butler. I won't grade the 08 picks yet, but that's not good enough.

SD doesn't usually have huge holes to fill in the draft and free agency. I'm sure Nix' work was a big reason why.

So say something in the post .. maybe a few here are telepathic ... but I doubt there are many :lol:

Hmmmm...the post is titled "This is supposed to make everyone happy...blurb on latest Buffalo Bill"

Then you open the post and it's a biography on Buddy Nix.

Latest Buffalo Bill=Buddy Nix

Yeah I can see how unclear that is.

Hmmmm...the post is titled "This is supposed to make everyone happy...blurb on latest Buffalo Bill"

Then you open the post and it's a biography on Buddy Nix.

Latest Buffalo Bill=Buddy Nix

Yeah I can see how unclear that is.

Here's why your post is unclear, San Jose; because you seem to be sarcastic and negative about the Bills bringing back Buddy. Did you even read that biography before posting it? I'm damn thrilled that Nix is back helping the inner circle jerks figure out how to get that elusive freakin' 8th win of the year. If you think re-hiring Nix is something to mock, then you are expecting way too much from this organization lately. :lol:

Here's why your post is unclear, San Jose; because you seem to be sarcastic and negative about the Bills bringing back Buddy. Did you even read that biography before posting it? I'm damn thrilled that Nix is back helping the inner circle jerks figure out how to get that elusive freakin' 8th win of the year. If you think re-hiring Nix is something to mock, then you are expecting way too much from this organization lately. :lol:

You are kidding right VJ? I mean you've read my posts and know my positions and my disposition right? There was no sarcasm intended. It was an appeal for others to stop with their negativity and hate such as

"Why would the Bills FO hire someone with a brain?"

I was imploring people to be happy about a very positive development.

On the "DOOMED?" post, here was my take:

"As far as addressing the actual subject of this post, I am optimistic by nature and feel optimistic about the Bills.

I've beaten to death the reasons elsewhere but need to mention them again:

Ralph's Hall of Fame induction and necessary ceremony

Bruce's Hall of Fame induction and necessary ceremony

50th Anniversary of the Team and season long festivities associated with it

Fan anger over the retaining of Dick Jauron

The hiring of one of the top college scouts in the NFL, Buddy Nix and the idea that he and Modrak will have more say in personnel and that Brandon and Jauron will have less

Irregardless of being an optimist, I feel these reasons give critical mass to the idea that the Bills will make a push this year."