Anyone see this?

Lv-Bills

Wow. This sounds like its got legs.

New team in LA?

Sorry if it's been posted already, but it's the first I saw of it. LA Chargers?

Yup, sounds completely legit.

"Majestic Real Estate" will simply raise $1 billion (should be easy these days, no?) to build a new stadium and in the meantime, they will get out the rolodex and "begin contacting NFL teams about a possible move" to a city that has ben a proven NFL graveyard for a generation, and then they will just sit and wait for the callbacks before they break ground.

Some real legs, this story.

Yup, sounds completely legit.

"Majestic Real Estate" will simply raise $1 billion (should be easy these days, no?) to build a new stadium and in the meantime, they will get out the rolodex and "begin contacting NFL teams about a possible move" to a city that has ben a proven NFL graveyard for a generation, and then they will just sit and wait for the callbacks before they break ground.

Some real legs, this story.

And some of you must be on crack if you think there aren't people out there who can't make an NFL team happen in LA even in this market.

The part that kinda caught my eye is where they said they will contact some NFL teams about a possible move. I've never seen that actually said before.

However, if some of you want to hang your hats on the economy as the reason to not be able to attract an NFL team, well ok, go ahead. However, there are a number of billionaires out there who can get this done. It is not going to be hard to get a team in LA again. The NFL is a whole different animal these days as it was when they were there last.

Minnesota, SD, and New Orleans, I would think, would be real interested in hearing what they had to say.

And some of you must be on crack if you think there aren't people out there who can't make an NFL team happen in LA even in this market.

The part that kinda caught my eye is where they said they will contact some NFL teams about a possible move. I've never seen that actually said before.

However, if some of you want to hang your hats on the economy as the reason to not be able to attract an NFL team, well ok, go ahead. However, there are a number of billionaires out there who can get this done. It is not going to be hard to get a team in LA again. The NFL is a whole different animal these days as it was when they were there last.

Minnesota, SD, and New Orleans, I would think, would be real interested in hearing what they had to say.

They may be able to make it happen but it won't last long just like every other NFL team that's been tried in LA.

They may be able to make it happen but it won't last long just like every other NFL team that's been tried in LA.

No way, they will be there to stay. I mean really, they had what.....the Rams and Raiders? Nobody wants the Raiders. The Raiders couldn't have been a worse fit in fancy LA than any other team.

That brings us to the Rams. Weren't they a mess when they were there? I have no idea why they moved, but they didn't have a venue like they would have now, and again, the NFL is the most popular thing going in the United States BY FAR. Popular and LA like to go together.

The next team in LA will thrive.

Minn has a solid fan base and sells out all the time. Maybe SD--they have been loudly looking for someone to build a new stadium for some time, but that's a lateral move for the league.

How else would they get a team to consider their plan unless they contacted that team?

California has more billionaires than any other state, and many countries, yet still no team. They couldn't come up with the financing when the NFL was looking to expand in the late 90's so they lost out to Houston.

The article likely meant "Majestic Realty Corp." Commercial leasing and development are in a free fall right now and that's how this company makes its money. This guy must be leveraged to the hilt. California is $48 billion in debt, so there will be not a penny of public money available. This whole idea probably sounded a lot better when he made his grand plan public---almost a year ago.

Minn has a solid fan base and sells out all the time. Maybe SD--they have been loudly looking for someone to build a new stadium for some time, but that's a lateral move for the league.

How else would they get a team to consider their plan unless they contacted that team?

California has more billionaires than any other state, and many countries, yet still no team. They couldn't come up with the financing when the NFL was looking to expand in the late 90's so they lost out to Houston.

The article likely meant "Majestic Realty Corp." Commercial leasing and development are in a free fall right now and that's how this company makes its money. This guy must be leveraged to the hilt. California is $48 billion in debt, so there will be not a penny of public money available. This whole idea probably sounded a lot better when he made his grand plan public---almost a year ago.

Minnesota needed extensions to sell out their playoff game. They are one of the smallest of the small market teams, and I wouldn't be surprised if Zygi Wilf moved if he can't get a stadium built soon.

Qualcomm Stadium is the fourth oldest stadium in the league behind Lambeau, Oakland-Alameda, and Candlestick. Both Lambeau and O-A have received plenty of upgrades since being built.

Jacksonville, prospective new owners of Buffalo, and Minnesota are the teams to consider. San Diego could move up the road I suppose. I don't see the Saints moving anytime soon.

So they're looking for private funds for the $1.6B they'll need to spend on the stadium AND team (and that's a conservative number)? And there will be lawsuits aimed at stopping it?

Yeah, good luck with that venture, Majestic Real Estate, Co.

Minnesota needed extensions to sell out their playoff game. They are one of the smallest of the small market teams, and I wouldn't be surprised if Zygi Wilf moved if he can't get a stadium built soon.

Qualcomm Stadium is the fourth oldest stadium in the league behind Lambeau, Oakland-Alameda, and Candlestick. Both Lambeau and O-A have received plenty of upgrades since being built.

Jacksonville, prospective new owners of Buffalo, and Minnesota are the teams to consider. San Diego could move up the road I suppose. I don't see the Saints moving anytime soon.

If Wilf moves to LA, what does the guy who builds the stadium do? How does he get his money back if he doesn't own the team that moves into his stadium--from rent? Who gets the PSL and suite money? How does the league divide the gate?

Doesn't Jax have a lease on the stadium they currently play in?

The next owner of the Bills is screwed. In addition to the silly money they will have to scrape up for this mess, they will have to pay the league a moving fee.

"Teams that have been reported in the media as potential acquisition targets are the Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. "

http://www.carealestatejournal.com/newswir...9274&evid=1

------------------------------

"Last Tuesday, voters in the City of Industry, a tiny town about 15 miles east of Los Angeles, approved a bond measure that would provide $150 million for infrastructure improvements at a 600-acre site where a stadium has been proposed to lure an NFL team.

The results support a proposal by billionaire developer Ed Roski's Majestic Real Estate Co. to build an $800 million stadium if an NFL team agrees to move there.

Roski is friends with the Spanos family, which owns the Chargers. The team told Roski last summer that it would continue to search for a stadium site in San Diego County."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true