Let's get excited...

Risin

Hey, why didn't you quote T80, CL, tater, Bills4Life, etc, for saying the same thing I did? I'm feeling picked on... :rolleyes:

CW

94440[/snapback]

Sorry, I couldn't resist after that class comment, hee hee! ;)

Risin wasn't trolling & didn't deserve the abuse.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the season started, did you think we had any chance of losing this game?

Before the season started? No. After the season started? Absolutely.

Yeah, we'll probably get our ass handed to us next week. Yeah, we'll probably only win four games this year. Yeah, we'll probably be disappointed again. Yeah, we suck and we know we suck.

But I think some people live in the moment and others cower from the future and want to bring everyone else down with them. And when the former are trying to enjoy the moment, the latter should maybe shut up for a bit while they enjoy the moment.

Before the season started? No. After the season started? Absolutely.

Yeah, we'll probably get our ass handed to us next week. Yeah, we'll probably only win four games this year. Yeah, we'll probably be disappointed again. Yeah, we suck and we know we suck.

But I think some people live in the moment and others cower from the future and want to bring everyone else down with them. And when the former are trying to enjoy the moment, the latter should maybe shut up for a bit while they enjoy the moment.

94481[/snapback]

or the latter could ignore the post...

Sorry, I couldn't resist after that class comment, hee hee! ;)

Risin wasn't trolling & didn't deserve the abuse.

94464[/snapback]

Actually, I thought his original post which started this thread deserved a response (I don't really think of any posts as abuse since they are merely photons and should be easily ignored if anyone doesn't like them) because it took a perspective on the game which I found to be completely wrong-headed about football.

In general, I think that many posts on TSW are totally over-focused on Bledsoe (both the posts of the Bledsoe haters and theBledsoe worshippers) if one's drive is to root and care about the Bills.

Bledsoe was only a minor point in a major Bill's story yesterday. The major story (and I would hope a focus of great revelation by Bills fans) was that for the first time this season, the entire team produced in terms of the D beating up and dominating the opponent, the O scoring in the redzone, and best of all ST play really xontrolling and determining the outcome and flow of this game with great punting and great return work.

In the face of this glory, posts still pop=up which find fault with Bledsoe because it was against a stinky team, at home and in lousy conditions. Please.

I actually feel sorry for any fans who can only get excited when the Bills demolish an SB contender, on the road, dominate them completely in the offense and all facets of the game etcetera.

This team is so far down at 1-5 that you have to start somewhere. Besides, because of the schedule the Cards were the only team they played yesterday. Part of the reason I'm a fan is because of the rush and excitement I feel when the team I root for wins a game against an opponent going away.

I mean seriously, what is Risin, your and other standard. You only get the excitement of this rush when your team not only dominates but does so with the appropriate style points and behind a stud QB? If so, then I suggest you not look to the Bills for any excitement because it ain't gonna happen.

In order for the Bills to win in this fake real world of NFL football, the TEAM is going to have to excel in all facets of the game to make up for the failings of Drew and the other Bills. Surprise, this is how TEAMs win in this game.

Bledsoe is tragically flawed in many ways. The good news is that in addition to his flaws as a player, he also has a few good facets like an extraordinary arm (which in bad weather games like Miami can make throws a Fiedler can't make), a lot of NFL games (experience which his brain-cramps sometimes makes inaccessible, but sometimes it comes out for some neat plays), and he is a teamer for the most part who really was pretty graceful in doing the right thing for the Pats when Brady was better than him and took his job.

The fact is that TD made an error in my judgment and stuck with DB this off-season when he should have counted the blessings of his great first year as a Bill when we went from 3-13 to 8-8, recognized that his washout season last year is an indicator that he is too hard to win with and looked elswhere for a QB and called the two years a wash.

However, I ain't in charge and he stuck with DB and at least got him to agree to arrange a workable cap hit. As a Bills fan, this is not the first time my leaders did something I wouldn't have done. In the face of that I can repetitively point out the now obvious errors of their ways. I think that approach is fairly obvious and doesn't mean a lot in this illusion we have chosen to embrace.

Instead, I find the most interesting posts (thank gosh I live in a country which has free choice about this form of entertainment) to be those which:

1. Explore how given the reality that Matthews is at best a journeyman who would be at home if it were not for injuries and JP is physically hurt and mentally must demonstrate control in a number of areas before he can develop properly, we can do the best we can given the QB reality.

2. Given that other aspects of the team such as D, ST and other offensive players must step up as a team and become a TEAM in order to win how is that going.

3. This is TD's team and at best he is a mixed bag showing great work in some aspects of the game (the business side, contract negotiations and cap management, an an ability to think way outside of the box on somethings) while he has been the worst at other areas (hiring his first HC, brain-dead thoughts like thinking good kickers are a dime a dozen, and the passive-aggressive manner he seems to use to deal with getting run out of town by a guy he hired in Pittsburgh), and he has been both brilliant and horrendous at draft selection (2001 selections were great, 2002 was horrible).

Analysis of the dichotomies of the Bills being both very good and also very bad at aspects of the game is fascinating to me. However, one of the problems I see with many TSW folks is that brains seem to be too small to allow two contradictory notions to exist at the same time in our little heads.

Folks want to treat TD as though he is all good or he is all bad when neither is true. The interesting thing to me is folks cuts on the dichotomies and how they see both good and bad existing at the same time.

The same is trueto me about Bledsoe. It is simply not true to claim that a team cannot win with his play as both early in his career under Parcells and late in his career under BB, Bledsoe either led or played QB in the majority of a must-win game successfully and they made the SB and actually won it all. Further, in our specific case, until opponents got enough tape on him running the Bills O and until BB showed how to take him apart, Bledsoe was tremendously successful here.

Folks can reoetititively mock him out, call him a statue or whatever, but he ain't going nowhere but here, there ain't nobody to play QB unless someone has a rational reason for believing in Matthews or they are willing to push JP into thestarting job when it would be clearly contrary to his development physically as our QB of the future and most likely to contrary to his development mentally.

Rag on him all folks want (its your right in our virtual world) but given the choice I would take his career where he has earned beaucoup bucks from his footbsll play and the SB and conference championship rings he has deservedly earned and laugh all the way to the bank about folks rants.

I am simply far more interested in how the Bills win and get better with the reality of what we got than with folks repetive rantings which will not add up to a hill of beans even our fantasy world of football.

Actually, I thought his original post which started this thread deserved a response (I don't really think of any posts as abuse since they are merely photons and should be easily ignored if anyone doesn't like them) because it took a perspective on the game which I found to be completely wrong-headed about football.

In general, I think that many posts on TSW are totally over-focused on Bledsoe (both the posts of the Bledsoe haters and theBledsoe worshippers) if one's drive is to root and care about the Bills.

Bledsoe was only a minor point in a major Bill's story yesterday.  The major story (and I would hope a focus of great revelation by Bills fans) was that for the first time this season, the entire team produced in terms of the D beating up and dominating the opponent, the O scoring in the redzone, and best of all ST play really xontrolling and determining the outcome and flow of this game with great punting and great return work.

In the face of this glory, posts still pop=up which find fault with Bledsoe because it was against a stinky team, at home and in lousy conditions.  Please.

I actually feel sorry for any fans who can only get excited when the Bills demolish an SB contender, on the road, dominate them completely in the offense and all facets of the game etcetera.

This team is so far down at 1-5 that you have to start somewhere.  Besides, because of the schedule the Cards were the only team they played yesterday. Part of the reason I'm a fan is because of the rush and excitement I feel when the team I root for wins a game against an opponent going away.

I mean seriously, what is Risin, your and other standard.  You only get the excitement of this rush when your team not only dominates but does so with the appropriate style points and behind a stud QB?  If so, then I suggest you not look to the Bills for any excitement because it ain't gonna happen.

In order for the Bills to win in this fake real world of NFL football, the TEAM is going to have to excel in all facets of the game to make up for the failings of Drew and the other Bills.  Surprise, this is how TEAMs win in this game.

Bledsoe is tragically flawed in many ways.  The good news is that in addition to his flaws as a player, he also has a few good facets like an extraordinary arm  (which in bad weather games like Miami can make throws a Fiedler can't make), a lot of NFL games (experience which his brain-cramps sometimes makes inaccessible, but sometimes it comes out for some neat plays), and he is a teamer for the most part who really was pretty graceful in doing the right thing for the Pats when Brady was better than him and took his job.

The fact is that TD made an error in my judgment and stuck with DB this off-season when he should have counted the blessings of his great first year as a Bill when we went from 3-13 to 8-8, recognized that his washout season last year is an indicator that he is too hard to win with and looked elswhere for a QB and called the two years a wash.

However, I ain't in charge and he stuck with DB and at least got him to agree to arrange a workable cap hit.  As a Bills fan, this is not the first time my leaders did something I wouldn't have done.  In the face of that I can repetitively point out the now obvious errors of their ways.  I think that approach is fairly obvious and doesn't mean a lot in this illusion we have chosen to embrace.

Instead, I find the most interesting posts (thank gosh I live in a country which has free choice about this form of entertainment) to be those which:

1. Explore how given the reality that Matthews is at best a journeyman who would be at home if it were not for injuries and JP is physically hurt and mentally must demonstrate control in a number of areas before he can develop properly, we can do the best we can  given the QB reality.

2. Given that other aspects of the team such as D, ST and other offensive players must step up as a team and become a TEAM in order to win how is that going.

3. This is TD's team and at best he is a mixed bag showing great work in some aspects of the game (the business side, contract negotiations and cap management, an an ability to think way outside of the box on somethings) while he has been the worst at other areas (hiring his first HC, brain-dead thoughts like thinking good kickers are a dime a dozen, and the passive-aggressive manner he seems to use to deal with getting run out of town by a guy he hired in Pittsburgh), and he has been both brilliant and horrendous at draft selection (2001 selections were great, 2002 was horrible). 

Analysis of the dichotomies of the Bills being both very good and also very bad at aspects of the game is fascinating to me.  However, one of the problems I see with many TSW folks is that brains seem to be too small to allow two contradictory notions to exist at the same time in our little heads.

Folks want to treat TD as though he is all good or he is all bad when neither is true.  The interesting thing to me is folks cuts on the dichotomies and how they see both good  and bad existing at the same time.

The same is trueto me about Bledsoe.  It is simply not true to claim that a team cannot win with his play as both early in his career under Parcells and late in his career under BB, Bledsoe either led or played QB in the majority of a must-win game successfully and they made the SB and actually won it all.  Further, in our specific case, until opponents got enough tape on him running the Bills O and until BB showed how to take him apart, Bledsoe was tremendously successful here.

Folks can reoetititively mock him out, call him a statue or whatever, but he ain't going nowhere but here, there ain't nobody to play QB unless someone has a rational reason for believing in Matthews or they are willing to push JP into thestarting job when it would be clearly contrary to his development physically as our QB of the future and most likely to contrary to his development mentally.

Rag on him all folks want (its your right in our virtual world) but given the choice I would take his career where he has earned beaucoup bucks from his footbsll play and the SB and conference championship rings he has deservedly earned and laugh all the way to the bank about folks rants.

I am simply far more interested in how the Bills win and get better with the reality of what we got than with folks repetive rantings which will not add up to a hill of beans even our fantasy world of football.

94569[/snapback]

We disagree, did I miss anything?

I don't mind responses, but a bird flip is a shortcut to thinking...

People must have me confused with a Bledsoe basher, I'm not. I have never once called for Matthews, I'm just waiting for JP. If Drew can get on a roll and win these next two I'll be calling for the playoffs, with Drew at QB.

Last time I checked the Buffalo Bills won the game yesterday. Of course if the Buffalo Bills would have lost then it would have been all Drew's fault. Forget the fact that when McGahee starts and rushes for 100+ we are 2-0. When Travis starts and runs for 20 yards on 25 carries we are 0-5. It is all Drew's fault.

• 3 weeks later...

You will never get that here, trust me. If you show any form of pessimism after a win, it is heresy. If you show any sign of optimism after a loss, it is heresy.

Welcome to TSW.

Where are all the intellects who bashed me for this post? 

C'mon,  hold your fingers proudly in the air now...

123287[/snapback]