Need advise for buying a new TV.

Huuuge Bills

If you're only in the market for a 32" TV mostly for video games, and trying to save on cost, I really wouldn't worry too much about a top of the line brand, IMO.

I have a Dynex 32" LCD wall-mounted in my room that I use mainly for XBOX 360 and it does the job perfectly. I haven't had a problem in almost 3 years (knock-knock) and I bought it for $450 on Black Friday.

Dynex (32" LCD)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1194052042159

Samsung (32" LCD)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1202648987833

Also, if you're looking for HDMI cables or cables of any kind, check out Amazon. I bought an HDMI cable for my blu-ray player for $1.62 + S/H.

Here's a Sony Bravia......only a 720 but as a previous poster mentioned, its plenty of resolution for the size you are buying.....really no point in getting a 1080.

Its $569 shipped.......

Sony 32 in LCD

I have this model in my bedroom. I paid $579 + tax for it & had delivery & setup including a cable box for another $30 for this and my tv in the living room. The 32" tv is placed a little past the end of the bed & it's perfect for someone watching tv from bed. Shipping may not be the best way to go unless you've read good reviews*** about the place shipping it. When you get it shipped, there's no setup & you have to make extra sure nothing got broken when you take delivery. Also-did you notice that this model isn't currently in stock & they can't tell you when it will be-that's another strike against ordering this tv off the internet.

I have a Bravia 46" with a motion chip in the living room, that's a 1080 and since I'm partially color blind, I don't notice much of a difference. I've noticed that Fox broadcasts at 720 anyway, so if you're watching an NFC broadcast the 360 p's don't help.

I wouldn't agree that bigger is better. The 46" in the living room fits in well because anything bigger would block my fireplace. Also my electric bill shot up by about 100 kws in the 1st month I had the new sets. I have to believe that the bigger the tv the more your electric bill will go up.

***Edit, it looks like the place on the link is pretty good, here are the reviews. On the one bad one I saw, someone from the store wrote in to refute the words of the critic.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/B_H_P...Video_Pro_Audio

If your room/TV space can only handle a 32" TV, I'd say go 720p and plasma. At 8' you won't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p, plasma is a better picture, and cheaper. And DO NOT buy from Best Buy. They are seriously over-priced.

I have both a 1080 Panasonic viera plasma and a 1080 Sharp Aquos LCD. Sports and shows are much better on the Plasma. There is no blur. Video games are supposed to be better on LCD's although I have my PS3 hooked up to the plasma. I wouldn't get less than 1080 as the PS3 is a Blu-Ray player with Blue-Ray games.

Honestly, I like my plasma(50") better and it was cheaper than my LCD(46")

I bought my plasma off of amazon.com from a seller in NYC. Much cheaper than in the stores. you can also check out www.bestbuys.com

Thanks to everyone who replied, I appreciate it. I took all of your advice and started looking at other TV's.

I found a great deal on this Samsung. A 32" Samsung LCD for under $500? I'm sold. It has great reviews, and all of the features that I need.

I looked at a few of the sites you guys mentioned and this was the best deal I could find. The best news is it's in stock and I can pick it up whenever I have the free time. Since I'll be in the store, I can do a pixel check while I'm there. Thanks again guys. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who replied, I appreciate it. I took all of your advice and started looking at other TV's.

I found a great deal on this Samsung. A 32" Samsung LCD for under $500? I'm sold. It has great reviews, and all of the features that I need.

I looked at a few of the sites you guys mentioned and this was the best deal I could find. The best news is it's in stock and I can pick it up whenever I have the free time. Since I'll be in the store, I can do a pixel check while I'm there. Thanks again guys. :)

Thats a great choice, guarantee you won't be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080 on a 32 inch. Just a word of advice about Best Buy..... a lot of people don't realize you can haggle with the sales guys a little. When I bought my 61 inch Samsung DLP I got a hell of a deal (at the time,they are much cheaper now). It was $2499. I told the guy I'd buy the TV if they gave me a free stand (the stands were $300), When it was all said and Done I ended up walking out of the store with my TV, stand, an X-box game, High Def X-box cords, and a HD directv receiver all for $2500. Most would have just got the TV. Circuit City and Ultimate Electronics were right across the street so I just kept walking from store to store untill I got the best deal.....worked out pretty well. I don't know if you can pull anything when you're spending about $500 but its always worth a shot, worst they can do is say no. :thumbsup: