Possible OLB solution?

bizell

What's everyone think about Bobby Carpenter? He's been miscast as a 3-4 LB, and he has good size (6'3, 250+). He's also young. Thanks to Dallas running a 3-4, he's essentially worthless to them. I'm sure we could snag him for cheap. That'd give us a starting LB trio of Carpenter, Poz, and Mitchell, which doesn't look bad at all if Carpenter and Poz can play up to their potential.

Best of all, it keeps Ellison off the field on running downs and doing what he does best... special teams/pass coverage.

Thoughts?

What's everyone think about Bobby Carpenter? He's been miscast as a 3-4 LB, and he has good size (6'3, 250+). He's also young. Thanks to Dallas running a 3-4, he's essentially worthless to them. I'm sure we could snag him for cheap. That'd give us a starting LB trio of Carpenter, Poz, and Mitchell, which doesn't look bad at all if Carpenter and Poz can play up to their potential.

Best of all, it keeps Ellison off the field on running downs and doing what he does best... special teams/pass coverage.

Thoughts?

What's the knock on him? He hasn't lived up to expectations but he's got good players ahead of him. I'm all for bringing in young players for a look see. Could he make a bigger impact in a 4-3 base?

Resigning Crowell is the answer at OLB. He is fast and fits the defense.

Fast? :w00t: Have you watched Crowell play? He's not really that fast at all. He's a sure tackler for the most part though. He has problems shedding blocks at times so I hope he's hit the weights hard this past year that he did absolutely NOTHING.

The Dallas players refer to him as "Barbie Carpenter". He is as soft as they come.

Carpenter has never even gotten the chance in Dallas. He was an outstanding LB coming out of Ohio St., but he's not a 3-4 type of LB. He is definitely a 4-3 guy. I've never heard the "Barbie" thing and I haven't seen where any of his teammates have called him soft, so I don't know what your source on that comment is.

edit: OK, just did a google on that comment and found some stuff about it. Stuff where they labled him "Barbie" on the HBO Hard Knocks series and other related stories. Maybe it's true :w00t:

Seems highly unlikely that acquiring Carpenter is the answer to the Bills' playoff drought.

Are you going to say this about every possible ofseason move? Do the Free agent's signed last month help us end our play off drought?

Sometimes you need to add depth and add role players.

This was just a douche statement

Are you going to say this about every possible ofseason move? Do the Free agent's signed last month help us end our play off drought?

Sometimes you need to add depth and add role players.

This was just a douche statement

if he can tackle, i'd get him to replace poz

• 2 weeks later...