What about this Jason Peters secnario?

Erik

Sign him to a long term deal that makes sense for both sides. I figured since we have seen so many other whacked out scenarios I would start a thread for the most logical one. I'm thinking 6 years, maybe even 5, at least 6 per but probably closer to 7 since that's what Dockery makes.

I think that Peters will want more like $8 million or $9 million per season with $25 Million+ signing bonus. We're probably looking at 6 years $52.5 million with $25 million signing bonus.

If that's what it's going to take, float his name around the league and see what you can get. Obviously to keep the guy happy, you're going to have throw money his way, I'm just not comfortable with those numbers especially after the subpar season he had. If you can't get anything that is of monumental return, go back to the bargaining table.

Sign him to a long term deal that makes sense for both sides. I figured since we have seen so many other whacked out scenarios I would start a thread for the most logical one. I'm thinking 6 years, maybe even 5, at least 6 per but probably closer to 7 since that's what Dockery makes.

Makes sense .... for those who will start in on the Peters should be traded should also know that the "journeyman" Gandy made $6,806,240 this season. Ties back to all the posts a couple of weeks ago about bring a "cheaper" alternative in. I think we are looking at 5 years with an average of $ 8 Mill per year. Not chump change - puts him near Orlando Pace.