GAME THREAD: UB vs Toledo (NCAA BB)

PromoTheRobot

Jeeze, the MAC is definitely a football conference. I just looked at the schedules/results of a few teams. The conference barely qualifies as a mid-major. UB won that tourny, but that's the only thing the league can brag about. Miami stayed within 5 of Dayton in a low scoring game.

Hopefully the Bulls can continue to play well and earn the bid. I'm not sure if the loser of the championship game would get a slot in the NIT. :thumbsup:

Jeeze, the MAC is definitely a football conference. I just looked at the schedules/results of a few teams. The conference barely qualifies as a mid-major. UB won that tourny, but that's the only thing the league can brag about. Miami stayed within 5 of Dayton in a low scoring game.

Hopefully the Bulls can continue to play well and earn the bid. I'm not sure if the loser of the championship game would get a slot in the NIT. :thumbsup:

No argument there. Basketball is NOT the MAC's forte. But they still get an automatic bid so I'll take it.

UB starting to pull away 45-31 in the 3Q.

PTR

Wow...and it's only 2pm. Sorry, brain cramp there. Of course I meant 2nd half.

Game over, UB wins 56-43, but an embarrassing shooting display. How often do you see a team shoot 18 for 60 (30%) and still win by 12? Like Hops said, the MAC is more a football conference. But I don't care if UB wins every game by 2-0, I want to see them in the NCAA's.

PTR

just f-in with ya..... :thumbsup:

Game over, UB wins 56-43, but an embarrassing shooting display. How often do you see a team shoot 18 for 60 (30%) and still win by 12? Like Hops said, the MAC is more a football conference. But I don't care if UB wins every game by 2-0, I want to see them in the NCAA's.

PTR

PTR

I know Toledo was playing decent D, but the Bulls barely even tried to get shot off from in the paint. They were very content to take then open three's knowing their own D was doing the job. I hope this was their "ugly win." Blech.

But I agree with ya...a win is a win, and their 6-1 in conference, and that's friggin' awesome!

PTR

Agreed....good for UB....I love seeing UB make steps in becoming a very good sports program...Saying that, I think I would put Niagara's MAAC ahead of UB's MAC any day in basketball....Here's to UB and NU making the NCAA's this year!

Agreed....good for UB....I love seeing UB make steps in becoming a very good sports program...Saying that, I think I would put Niagara's MAAC ahead of UB's MAC any day in basketball....Here's to UB and NU making the NCAA's this year!

Well Niagara did beat UB at Alumni in a close game, and Siena blew them off the floor in Albany. They may wind up playing Fairfield in CT in the ESPN "Bracketbuster" game to be announced today. You can't control the level of your conference. All you can do is try to dominate it. Beats being the doormat of the MAC.

PTR