Sandy Eggo Charjeers

I've been saying for years: build a stadium south of LA and have the Chargers play there. Call them the SoCal Chargers. SD fans still have their team and LA fans can jump on board if they want. Problem solved.

PTR

They already play in a stadium built south of LA (which, by the way, is more than a 100 miles from San Diego......)

I live on the east side of Rochester. It takes me a little over 1:30 to get to the Ralph. A friend of mine from SD tells me that for people on the south side of LA, it would take them about the same amount of time to drive to the Chanrgers stadium. If I can drive that distance, so can they. LA already has a team, they are called the CHargers.

They already play in a stadium built south of LA (which, by the way, is more than a 100 miles from San Diego......)

?? Isn't the 'Q' in the San Deigo city limits? I think it's less than 10 miles from down town San Deigo.

?? Isn't the 'Q' in the San Deigo city limits? I think it's less than 10 miles from down town San Deigo.

Yes, it's right in SD. The only alternative for something in the middle would be Carlsbad, Oceanside, Escondido, or someplace north of Camp Pendleton like San Clemente or Huntington Beach. Those are all small market towns that couldn't handle a stadium or its amenities.

Their best move is to market to businesses surrounding LA to lure them away from the Raiders & Niners, which shouldn't be too hard.

Yes, it's right in SD. The only alternative for something in the middle would be Carlsbad, Oceanside, Escondido, or someplace north of Camp Pendleton like San Clemente or Huntington Beach. Those are all small market towns that couldn't handle a stadium or its amenities.

Their best move is to market to businesses surrounding LA to lure them away from the Raiders & Niners, which shouldn't be too hard.

I live in San Clemente. No stadium no way. The most logical place is in Irvine. Great freeway access, centrally located, and a crap load of land. But that would make too much sense for Californians to figure out.

I live in San Clemente. No stadium no way. The most logical place is in Irvine. Great freeway access, centrally located, and a crap load of land. But that would make too much sense for Californians to figure out.

I was going to ask about Irvine or Santa Ana.

PTR

Irvine would be a decent area for a stadium, especially since most of the fans are going to travel to get to the games.