Will the Titans draft a DB again this year in Round 1?

Ramius

The titans have drafted DBs in round 1 in '01, '03, '05, and '07. Seems to me that they are due to draft another DB this upcoming draft. Toss in a RB in '08, a QB in '06, and no 1st in '04, the last time they spent a first rounder on a non-skill position was 2002. However are they successful? Just something to chew on before everyone freaks out if the Bills don't draft position X in the first round in a couple of months.

***Disclaimer: This post does in no way, shape, or form advocate the Buffalo Bills football team drafting a DB in round 1 of the 2009 NFL draft***

The titans have drafted DBs in round 1 in '01, '03, '05, and '07. Seems to me that they are due to draft another DB this upcoming draft. Toss in a RB in '08, a QB in '06, and no 1st in '04, the last time they spent a first rounder on a non-skill position was 2002. However are they successful? Just something to chew on before everyone freaks out if the Bills don't draft position X in the first round in a couple of months.

***Disclaimer: This post does in no way, shape, or form advocate the Buffalo Bills football team drafting a DB in round 1 of the 2009 NFL draft***

Good luck stopping that.

Guess they follow take the best athlete regardless of need mindset. Hard to believe. Guess you also have to look at it in the context of who they got in other rounds and in FA in a given year.

Guess they follow take the best athlete regardless of need mindset. Hard to believe. Guess you also have to look at it in the context of who they got in other rounds and in FA in a given year.

Half of their starting defense is comprised of free agents. I didn't start this thread with any agenda, i did so because i was looking up something on draft history and took a look at the titans draft, and was surprised at how many "against the grain" decisions they make with their top picks. Like 4 DBs in 7 years in round 1. They also have spent 2 seconds and a 1st on RBs in the past 3 years. Funny thing is, most of their DBs went bust, with griffin really being the only one to pan out. (the others were andre dyson, andre woolfork, and pacman jones)

What i did notice however, is that the titans seem to find at least 1 really good player in the 2-3-4 rounds of the draft every year. IMO, that is what separates them from the Bills.

And we are talking about the Tennessee Titans because...???

I thought this was a Bills fan website.

Hey, I know, do you think the Detroit Lions will draft a OG or a FS in the 5th round of this year's draft?

The only true analysis between the Titans and Bills is what makes these two franchises different?

Answer: Management and Coaching

P.S. As a Bengals fan on this"Tennessee Titans" website, I think the Raiders will select a punter in the 4th round.